Have you also accidentally posted an unwanted snap and want to remove it immediately? Follow this guide to learn how to delete your Snapchat story from your iPhone in a few simple steps. Let’s explore the possible ways to keep your digital diary sleek and selective.
How to delete story on Snapchat on iPhone
- Launch Snapchat → Tap your profile icon.
- Now, select My Story.
- Choose the story that you want to delete.
- Tap the three-dot icon.
- Select Delete Snap → Delete when prompted.
That’s all to delete your public or private story from Snapchat!
Note: To be on the safe side, saving the Snapchat story before removing it is wise. Simply tap the three-dot icon → Save Snap → Hit Yes. Doing so, the respective story will appear in the Photos app.
How to retrieve a deleted Snapchat story on iPhone
If you’ve deleted a story you wish you didn’t, here’s a hack to always revert your actions.
- Go to your profile in Snapchat → Tap the three-dots icon beside My Story.
- Toggle on Auto-Save to Memories.
So, every time you post a story, it’ll be available in the Memories section.
- Go back to the camera interface → Tap the Album icon.
- Select your deleted story from Memories.
This step prevents you from manually saving the stories you wish to access later. Furthermore, downloading Snapchat data on an iPhone is also a feasible option.
No, once a story is deleted, it cannot be recovered. Make sure you save it before deleting it.
No, you can only delete your own Snapchat stories. Others have control over their own content.
While there’s no strict limit, avoiding excessive deletion and re-uploading is a good idea, as it may annoy your friends and followers.
Keep snapping responsibly! ✨
Your Snapchat story is now a thing of the past, leaving you with a clean slate to curate new memories. Remember, in the ever-evolving social media landscape, knowing the ins and outs of managing your digital presence is essential.
Thank you for reading. Please take a moment to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- How to save Snapchat videos and photos on iPhone
- How to change someone’s Snapchat display name on iPhone
- How to change My AI gender and name in Snapchat on iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.