Snapchat has My Story and Our Story. Both are different. By default, My Story remains for 24 hours and is visible to your friends. Our Story may stay viewable all over Snapchat for a day, two days, or even much longer. After the mentioned time durations, the stories expire and are automatically deleted. But if you change your mind before, here is how to delete Snapchat story from your iPhone or Android device.
- How to Save Snapchat Stories Before Deleting It
- How to Delete a Snap from My Story on iPhone or Android
- How to Delete a Snap from Our Story on iPhone or Android
How to Save Snapchat Stories Before Deleting It
Before you see the steps to remove, here is how to save Snapchat Stories, in case they are useful to you.
- Save an Entire Story to Memories
- Save Single Snap from a Story to Memories
- Save Snaps from Memories to Photos App
Save an Entire Story to Memories
- Open Snapchat on iPhone or Android
- Tap on your Profile icon from the top left
- Tap on the Save icon next to My Story or Our Story
- Tap Yes.
Save Single Snap from a Story to Memories
- Open Snapchat
- Tap on your Profile icon from the top left corner
- Tap on My Story or Our Story to expand it
- Tap on a Snap to view it in full screen.
- Tap on the Save icon from the bottom-right. Or, long-press. Or, tap on the three dots icon.
- Tap on the Save icon.
Save Snaps from Memories to Photos App
Now, let us see how to save Snaps to Camera Roll.
- Open Snapchat
- Swipe up from the center of the screen
- All your saved Snaps and Stories are here. Tap on one. Or, long press to select multiple snaps.
- If you tapped on one Snap: It opens in full screen. Press on it or, tap on three dots icon. Tap Export Snap. Finally, tap on Save Video (or Save Image).
- If you selected multiple Snaps: Tap on Export. Tap on Save as Video (to combine all Snaps into one video and save) or Save number Videos/Save number Images (to save them as individual media files).
Now that we are done with saving Snaps let us see how to delete them before they expire automatically.
How to Delete a Snap from My Story on iPhone or Android
- Open Snapchat on your smartphone
- Tap on your Story icon from the top-left corner
- Tap on My Story icon. Tap anywhere else on My Story to expand it. Then tap on a snap icon.
- Long-press on it. Or, tap on the three dots icon.
- Then tap the delete icon, and confirm.
Alternatively, if you tap on a single snap, you will see a delete icon. Tap on it. If you tap on My Story icon, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and tap the delete icon.
Repeat the process if you want to delete multiple snaps from My Story.
How to Delete a Snap from Our Story on iPhone or Android
You can delete Snaps from Our Story following the above methods. There is also an additional way. Let us see that now.
- Open Snapchat on your phone
- Tap on your profile icon from the upper-left
- Tap on the Settings icon from the upper-right
- Scroll down and tap on Our Story Snaps.
- Tap the Delete icon.
- Tap on Delete to confirm.
Our Story by you will also be deleted from Search, Context Cards, and Snap Map.
These are the effortless ways to remove Snapchat stories before they expire. I hope you found what you were looking for.
Next, we have some more excellent Snapchat related posts that you will find useful.
Check them out:
- How to Screenshot on Snapchat Without Them Knowing
- How to Delete Snapchat Chat History
- 3 Quick Ways to Know If Someone Has Blocked You on Snapchat
- How to Upload Snapchat Videos to Instagram Stories
Jignesh Padhiyar is the co-founder of iGeeksBlog.com, who has a keen eye for news, rumors, and all the unusual stuff around Apple products. During his tight schedule, Jignesh finds some moments of respite to share side-splitting content on social media.