The latest M1-powered iMac launched at Apple’s Spring Loaded event 2021 steals the show with its stellar specs and 7 different colors. What’s more? They came with all-new wallpapers matching iMac’s display colors, leaving every Mac user craving them for their screen. The good news is you can get these M1 iMac wallpapers on any Mac with the latest macOS Big Sur 11.3 update!
However, they are a bit out of sight. Follow the guide below to find them and set them as your desktop background. If you don’t have macOS Big Sur 11.3, don’t worry. Scroll down to download them for free!
Get M1 iMac wallpapers on other Macs
Before you start, make sure that your Mac is running macOS Big Sur 11.3 or later. Then, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Apple menu at the top-left corner and click System Preferences.
- Click Desktop & Screen Saver.
The new wallpapers aren’t visible with the others.
- Double-click the Desktop Pictures folder in the left pane.
This will launch the Library folder.
- Scroll down and double-click the Desktop Pictures folder.
- Now, scroll down to see the new M1 Mac wallpapers named Hello [Color name]!
- To set a wallpaper, right-click or control-click on the one you like and select Set Desktop Picture.
That’s it. You can now enjoy a beautiful new M1 wallpaper on any Mac. Each new wallpaper has light and dark mode variants that automatically switch to match your system’s settings.
Moreover, you can also drag and move or copy the new wallpapers to a different location on your Mac for easier access.
However, if you have an older Mac that doesn’t support macOS Big Sur, you can download the M1 wallpapers using the link below.
Download new M1 iMac wallpapers for any device
Below is a gallery of new M1 iMac wallpapers that you can use on your existing iMac, MacBook, iPad, and even iPhone. However, note that these will not automatically switch between light and dark mode according to your system settings. Navigate to the link below for HD images.
What’s your favorite M1 iMac wallpaper?
I must say I love this colorful side of Apple. The new iMac lineup reminds me of the old iMac G3, which also came in multiple colors. As for the wallpapers, it’s hard to choose a favorite. So, I’ll be using all of these to add some colors to my desktop.
How about you? Let me know your choice in the comments below.
Check out these other wallpapers
- 15 Motivational iPhone wallpapers to download
- Best iPhone shelf wallpapers
- M1 Pro vs. M1 Max: Practicality vs. Power, which will win?
- How to change wallpapers on Mac automatically
Mehak has a master’s degree in communication and over ten years of writing experience. Her passion for technology and Apple products led her to iGeeksBlog, where she specializes in writing product roundups and app recommendations for fellow Apple users. When not typing away on her MacBook Pro, she loves being lost in a book or out exploring the world.