LG UltraFine 5K Display is spectacular for watching videos, movies and editing photos, videos. The 27-inch display has been enriched by whopping 14.7 million pixels. The 5120×2880 resolution and P3 wide color gamut add more muscle to its profile.
I’m sure most of you would have already bought this ultra-large display to use with your Mac. I really appreciate your decision to gift yourself such a fantastic display. Just in case, you aren’t able to connect the monitor to your Mac, follow these tips to solve the hurdle.
Can’t Connect LG UltraFine 5K Display to your Mac? Tips to Fix
Is Your Mac Compatible?
- Make sure your Mac is compatible to work with the Display
- The LG UltraFine 5K Display is compatible to work with the Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12.1 or later
- macOS Sierra 10.12.2 or later is preferred
Apple Recommends You To
- You should use LG UltraFine 5K Display as a second monitor with Mac mini and Mac Pro because the display might not turn on until you boot into macOS
- Hence, pre-boot features like Boot Picker and macOS Recovery might not be available on the Display
Use the Right Cable
- UltraFine Display can’t deliver power to your Mac if you connect with the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter. In case, you are using this adapter, you will have to connect your Mac to power using the power supply it came with
- It’s better to use the cable which came with the Display
- A Thunderbolt 3 cable equipped to deliver 5A of power can also get the job done for you
If Nothing Works, Contact LG
You need to contact LG if the Display doesn’t power. Go to the LG support page to download the LG UltraFine 5K Display owner’s manual and LG Screen Manager Software for more help.
Feel free to share your thoughts and feedback with us in the comment section.