Tracking your menstrual cycle and be challenging but crucial if you’re aiming to get pregnant or use the calendar method to become more aware of your ovulation. The good thing is that now there are period tracker apps—some even come with their own digital analyzers—to take the guesswork out of your ovulation and fertility.
Although iPhones come with the Cycle Tracking feature, it offers limited features. Hence, below are the best fertility tracker apps for iPhone and iPad to track your fertility. Besides, they can also serve as guides to those willing to reduce their risk of getting pregnant and those hoping to hold their little bundle of joy soon.
- Clue Period & Cycle Tracker
- Flo Period Tracker & Calendar
- Apple Health
- Fertility Friend
- Ovia Fertility & Cycle Tracker
- Natural Cycles
1. Clue Period & Cycle Tracker – Editor’s Choice
Clue is one of the most well-known period tracker apps out there. It gives you ovulation, period, and PMS predictions along with over 30 different tracking options to determine how your cycle affects your energy levels, mood, craving, and skin.
Its Analysis Tab provides a detailed analysis of your period length, typical cycle length, and its variation, so you’d know when something is amiss and when you’re likely to ovulate.
Clue doubles as an ovulation tracker app that helps you track your ovulation and fertility data like basal body temperature (BBT), cervical fluid, and ovulation tests to make your fertility predictions more accurate if you’re planning to get pregnant.
- gives period, ovulation, and PMS predictions for your next three cycles
- comes with curated educational articles and menstrual health topics
- exports data to the Health app
- Gives period, ovulation, and PMS predictions for your next three cycles
- Comes with curated educational articles and menstrual health topics
- Exports data to the Health app
- FDA-approved birth control contraceptives and in-depth analysis of cycle patterns are only available in the paid version called Clue Plus
Price: Free (In-app purchases start at $0.99)
2. Flo – Best for personalized data
Flo is another popular period tracker app. It uses advanced AI technology to monitor your menstrual cycle, fertility, or pregnancy. Signing up gives you the option to pick a goal: track your cycle, help you conceive, or track your pregnancy.
It’s also a fertility tracker, giving you information about your fertile window and peak ovulation days. Flo also helps you track over 70 symptoms and activities to provide the most accurate AI-based overview of your body patterns and monitor changes across your cycle.
Flo has an ovulation calendar that tells you your most fertile days and gives tailored insights to help you with your personal journey to motherhood.
- Comes with Secret Chat, a digital environment that allows you to discuss with other Flo users a variety of topics anonymously
- Exports your data to the Health app
- Affordable in-app purchase for Flo Ovulation & Health tracker
- Limited features are accessible on the free version
Price: Free (In-app purchases start at $7.98)
3. Cycles – Best for tracking with a partner
Cycles is a period and fertility tracker with a simple and clean yet intuitive design, giving you everything you need to know about your period. It allows you to track everything—including when you had protected and unprotected sex, to provide you with tailored predictions about upcoming changes to your body.
It is the first app to introduce partner connect, a feature that allows you to share your cycle with your partner to keep them in the loop of your cycle to make it easier to plan vacations and intimate moments around your cycle.
- Comes with Partner Connect
- Gives predictions on your mood and body based on where you are currently in your cycle
- Insights, Partner Connect, and Forecasts are only accessible in Cycles Premium
4. Glow – Best for flexible tracking
Unlike all the other apps designed to be an all-in-one app for reproductive health, Glow is one in the family of four apps. Glow allows you to plan better by tracking your cycle with its ovulation calculator.
Like Flow and some other apps, it allows you to choose a goal from getting pregnant, tracking an existing pregnancy, or tracking your cycle.
Glow lets you track 40 different health signals, from BBT to sexual activity, and offers you an advanced charting and pattern detection feature. It also provides curated content and a community where you can talk to others on the same journey.
While Glow covers a lot of symptoms and health signals, there are also other apps that every woman must have that are not covered by Glow and other period tracker apps.
- Gives you a forecast of your chance or risk of getting pregnant
- Cycle patterns are limited
- Only basic insights and a BBT chart is available on the free version
Price: Free (In-app purchase starts at $15.99)
5. Apple Health – Best for customization
If you’re an iPhone user, you don’t have to go too far. Your iPhone’s Apple Heath is built with its own menstrual cycle tracking with Cycles Tracking.
The feature allows you to customize what you what to be tracked by making you select through a list of symptoms. Along with the symptoms, you can choose other factors that you want to log, including:
- Cervical mucus quality
- ovulation test results
- sexual activity
Apple Health has a lot more features in store for you. Read our guide on how to use Apple Health on your iPhone for more information.
- Takes into consideration Pregnancy, Lactating, and Using Contraceptives as factors that can affect the timing and length of your cycle
- Period predictions are based on the period and cycle length you input and follow the traditional calendar method instead of advanced AI technology
6. Eve – Best for easy symptom tracking
Eve is a savvy period tracker with bright, colorful icons for your symptoms, mood, and other logs for a quick and easy way to track your period and menstrual patterns.
It is compatible with the Health app, which allows you to use your tracked Sleep, Steps, Walking+Running, Height, Weight, and menstrual data for a more holistic recording of your overall menstrual health.
Eve also has a thriving community, allowing you to learn, ask questions, and make friends.
- Supportive community
- Quick, easy, and intuitive health log
- Comparative Insights, Premium Content, and Private Messaging are hidden behind the paywall
Price: Free (In-app purchase starts at $29.99)
7: Fertility Friend – Best for fertility tracking
If you’re planning to get pregnant, Fertility Friend is your best app. It uses advanced Fertility Charting that allows you to superimpose different charts and tracks with each other for more rounded-up data about your fertility and menstruation.
While it may be overwhelming, the app comes with advanced tools and extensive education to give you the knowledge you need to take control of your own fertility journey.
- Does all the calculations for you
- Gives daily suggestions and insights, and predictions based on your input
- Data and charts can feel overwhelming
Price: Free (In-app purchase starts at $9.99)
8. Ovia Fertility & Cycle Tracker – Best for quick glance data
Ovia is similar to the other fertility and ovulation apps in this list, except that it gives you a neat dashboard containing stats and data about your fertility score, menstrual phase, days until fertile window, and days until your next pregnancy test.
Aside from allowing you to track different fertility data, it also gives you daily TTC tips, health summaries and statistics, and real-time health alerts based on the symptoms you log.
- Available through health plans
- Allows you to sync and export your data with your partner
- Available on-demand health coaching services
- Many great features are only accessible through paid subscription
Price: Free (Subscription available)
9. Natural Cycles – Best for pregnancy prevention
Natural Cycles is another FDA-certified and HSA, and FSA-eligible tool that checks your BBP to determine if you are fertile or not. The NC Plan in pregnancy mode learns the unique pattern of your cycle to give you personalized insights about your fertile days.
- Marked by FDA and CE as a medical device
- Does not record mucus or other cervical symptoms
- Users do not receive significant information about their BBT readings
Price: Free (In-app purchase starts at $12.99)
10. Life – Period tracker calendar
Life Period Tracker lets you track your period and track health trackers like weight, sex, nutrition, fitness, medication, and more! You can also access the app to write in your personal diary, capturing salient details that cannot be measured or tracked.
You can use the app to remind you of your birth control, regardless of the method (pill, ring, patch), late period, and fertility. Like Apple’s own Tag feature, the app has a Tag feature that allows you to create your custom tags and filter your content using it.
- Innovative calendar that allows you to track symptoms and periods in calendar view
- Most features, like trackers, reminders, and customization, are available behind the paywall
Price: Free (In-app purchase starts at $2.99)
How’s your journey?
Menstruation is a complex bodily process that affects every woman’s body differently. This makes tracking ovulation and fertility tiring and discouraging for people trying to conceive.
Modern technologies like apps can make your journey a little easier and adds a ray of hope and excitement to the process. Are you using a period tracker or a fertility or ovulation tracker we didn’t list here? What is it, and what sets it apart from the rest? Share it down below!
- Best iPhone and iPad apps every woman must use
- iPhone Workout Apps For Women
- How to Export Health Data from Your iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.