iOS 15 added a multitude of features to your iPhone. This includes the ability to add verifiable COVID-19 vaccination records to your Apple Wallet. With the increasing mandates for COVID-19 vaccines issued by employers and venues, this feature comes in super handy!
If you’re wondering how to do it, there are three ways. Keep reading to find out!
Note: No matter which method you use, your vaccination record will automatically be added to your Apple Watch as well. The records will then be accessible through your watch’s Wallet.
- Add COVID-19 vaccine card to Apple Wallet on iPhone using QR code
- How to add verifiable COVID vaccination card via the downloadable file
- Add existing vaccination record in the Health app to the Apple wallet
Add COVID-19 vaccine card to Apple Wallet on iPhone using QR code
The QR code would’ve been given to you by your COVID-19 test provider.
- Open Camera on your iPhone.
- Aim your camera at the QR code until you receive a Health app notification.
- Tap the Health app notification.
- For verifiable vaccination records, tap Add to Wallet & Health to add the record to the Health app and your Apple Wallet.
- Tap Done.
That’s it! Check your Apple Wallet to make sure it’s there, and you’re good to go.
How to add verifiable COVID vaccination card via the downloadable file
Received a downloadable file from your vaccine provider? Here’s how you can add it to your Apple Wallet.
- Tap the download link on your iPhone.
- Next, tap Add to Wallet & Health to add the record to the Health app and your Apple Wallet.
- Tap Done.
You’re all set.
Add existing vaccination record in the Health app to the Apple wallet
This is a simple transfer process:
- Open the Health app.
- Tap Summary.
- Under Vaccination Record, tap Add to Wallet.
That’s all there is to it.
Carry your COVID-19 vaccination card with you wherever you go
We’re happy to see how easy Apple has made it to present verifiable vaccination information wherever and whenever. The process is pretty simple no matter which method you use, but hiccups aren’t unheard of.
Having trouble with your Apple Wallet or Health app? Tell us your woes in the comments below. We’ll do our best to help you out!
You may also like: