Have you ever been in a situation where you can’t remember your Wi-Fi password when someone asks for it? This has happened to me a bunch of times. Although iPhone and Android are chalk and cheese, it isn’t impossible to share Wi-Fi passwords between the two. In this post, I will show you how to do it from iPhone to Android and vice-versa. Let’s dive in!
How to share your Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Android
Sharing the Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Android is a bit more complicated than iPhone to iPhone. It requires you to download a third-party app on your iPhone to generate a shareable QR, which the Android device can scan. I will show you how to do this using the Qrafter app.
- Download Qrafter from the App Store.
- Launch the app and select the Create option.
- Tap Wi-Fi Network.
- Enter your Wi-Fi SSID (public network name) and the Password. Yes, you will have to remember the password when you create the QR code for the first time.
- Tap Preview Content at the top right corner.
- Select Create and your Wi-Fi QR code should be ready. You can save the QR code in the Photos app.
On the Android device, open the Camera app or a QR Reader and point at your iPhone’s QR code. Tap the Wi-Fi link that appears to connect to the network.
Can you share the Wi-Fi password from Android to iPhone?
Now, what if your world has turned upside down and you’re using an Android smartphone? You can still share a Wi-Fi password. If your Android phone or tablet runs Android 10 OS or later, doing it is super simple as the device has an in-built Wi-Fi QR code creator. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Navigate to Wi-Fi and network.
- You should now see the Wi-Fi network that your device is connected to. Click the ‘gear‘ icon next to the Wi-Fi name.
- Select the option that says Share to bring up the QR code. You may need to verify that it’s you before you get the shareable QR code.
- Once you have the QR code, scan it with your iPhone’s Camera. You should see a prompt asking you to join the Wi-Fi network.
Did you share Wi-Fi passwords from your iPhone to Android?
Wasn’t that easy? I hope you’ve now learned how to share a Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Android. Granted, the whole process requires you to install third-party apps, but that’s something you need to do to get past Apple’s limited access.
On Android, the process is much faster and easier. This feature can come in handy when you want to share your Wi-Fi password with a friend or family but can’t remember what it was.
You may also like to read these posts: