Are you frustrated with the grey bar always sitting on the bottom of your iPhone screen? I personally find it annoying while using certain apps or watching videos. Fortunately, you can temporarily hide this bar by following simple steps. Without any further ado, let’s get started with removing the grey Home Bar at the bottom of the iPhone screen.
Why is there a grey bar at the bottom of my iPhone?
The grey Home Bar found at the bottom of an iPhone is a user interface element introduced with the iPhone X and subsequent models. It serves as a replacement for the physical home button that was present on earlier iPhones.
This bar allows users to navigate their device or perform actions like swiping up to access multitasking or jumping between recently used apps. However, Apple does not provide a native way to get rid of the grey bar on the iPhone home screen.
Keeping this in mind, many users have made peace with it. But if you won’t take no for an answer, there is a way around. With the help of Guided Access, you can remove this grey home bar for the desired application and enjoy seamless entertainment without any hindrance.
How to remove the grey bar from iPhone
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Accessibility → Tap Guided Access.
- Toggle on Guided Access → Hit Continue.
- Now, you’ll be prompted with a series of features.
To know more, here’s our detailed guide on Guided Access.
- Having done so, open the app where you wish to remove the grey bar.
- Press the Power button thrice to enable Guided Access for the respective screen.
- Tap Start from the top-right corner.
- From this point forward, the grey bar will disappear from your iPhone screen. However, you can use the app normally to the full extent without any limitations.
- If you wish to exit Guided Access mode, simply triple-press the Power Button of your iPhone again.
- Enter the Passcode of your device.
If enabled, you can verify your Face ID as well.
- Upon verification, tap End from the top-left corner of the screen.
Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t provide an option to permanently remove the Home Bar.
No, hiding the Home Bar temporarily won’t affect the normal functioning of your iPhone. It’s a visual preference and doesn’t impact the device’s core features.
While there’s no official setting to remove the Home Bar, some users find creative wallpapers or light mode settings can help minimize its visibility.
All glory to your display!
And there you have it, no more grey Home Bar monopolizing your iPhone screen. Enjoy the newfound freedom and aesthetics of your device without any distractions.
Thank you for reading. Please take a moment to leave your thoughts in the comment section below.
- How to reset your iPhone Home Screen Layout to default
- How to create an empty Home Screen on iPhone or iPad
- How to add widgets to iPhone Home Screen
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.