The iPhone/iPad doesn't let you create empty homescreens. That's one of the reasons why you can't have a minimalist, empty homescreen unless you figure out a way to hide folders (jailbreak).
But folks at OSXDaily wrote about a workaround and it's so ingenious that we want to share it with our readers too. With this, you can create an empty homescreen easily and have it running smoothly, without any issues.
Here's How to Create an Empty Homescreen on iPhone/iPad Without Jailbreaking.
For this workaround, you'll need:
- Your iPhone/iPad
- A computer
How to Create A Blank Home screen on iPhone/iPad
- Connect your iPhone to the computer
- Fire up iTunes if it doesn't open automatically
- Select your iPhone in iTunes
- Click on Apps tab in iTunes
- Now you see the Home Screens section. Tap on the “+” icon on the left of the section title.
- When you press the plus icon, a new home screen is created
- Click and drag this empty home-screen to the left. The empty home screen will be Page 1. Click on Done.
- You're done. Click on “Apply” to apply the changes and sync the iPhone (note that every other change will be synced).
With that, disconnect the iPhone from iTunes. Unlock your iPhone and you should see a totally blank homescreen.
Obviously, this is a non-jailbreak method of creating empty first home screen on an iOS 7 device. The only way that the empty home screen will disappear is when you drag-drop apps into this homescreen or when you install a new app from the store. You can, of course, follow the steps again to get back to an empty minimalism.
Hat tip to folks at OSXDaily for the tip.
Note that this technique works with all iDevices. You can create empty home screens on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Of course, the dock stays.