Adding photos to your contacts adds a touch of personalization. But it gets even better when you make a contact photo full screen on your iPhone. This means that it will take up the entire display instead of appearing in the default circular format. Check out the tricks below to make contact photos full screen on iOS.
How to make iPhone Caller Photo Full Screen
- Open the Contacts app and select the contact.
- In the contact’s information, tap on Edit from the top-right corner.
- Tap on Add Photo or Edit Photo.
- Select the Camera icon to click a picture or All Photos for an image from the library.
- Choose the Album, search, and tap on the image.
- Move and scale the photo to fit the circle and tap on Choose.
- Select the preferred filter and then tap on Done.
And that’s it, next time the contact calls you, iPhone should show a fullscreen image of the contact.
For best and assured results, you should select an image with a portrait orientation. While many also suggest cropping the image or a screenshot, but these tricks are a hit or miss.
To make existing Contact Picture Full Screen on iPhone
- Open Contacts app → Contact → Edit.
- Tap the picture and then Edit.
- Here, select Edit from the options.
- Move or scale the photo and tap on Choose.
Note: Basically, you need to change the position of the image enough for the phone to register the change.
- Select a filter and tap Done.
And this should do the trick. The issue with the trick is that you might have to do this a few times, to achieve the result.
Additionally, you will have to repeat the process for every contact that does not show a fullscreen image for incoming calls. So, that can be a real pain.
This mix-up started way back with the iOS 8 update. And somehow Apple hasn’t come around to find a permanent or feasible solution. So, yes, as irritating as it might be, these are the only solutions to get full-screen pictures for iPhone calls.
You may also check out related posts:
- How to add nicknames to iPhone Contacts
- iPhone Contacts Disappeared? Check out these tips to bring them back
- How to share Contacts from one iPhone to another iPhone
- How to block spam calls on iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.