AirPods are everywhere, and if you are looking to add a bit of spice to the white wireless earbuds, you can engrave an emoji of your choice or add text on the charging case. Apple lets you do this for free when you place an order for any AirPods, be it first generation, second, or the new AirPods Pro.
If you do not want emoji, then you may even add a personal text up to 22 alphabets. It can be a name, initials, mobile number, date, or whatever you like. Also, now Apple seems to have made the engraved text font comparatively larger than it was before. So if you are looking to engrave an emoji or text on your AirPods case, here is how to do it.
How to Engrave an Emoji or Text on AirPods Charging Case
Step #1. Visit Apple’s Shop to buy AirPods.
Note for Future: Currently, you can see AirPods on the main page but in the future, when Apple removes these from the homepage, you may click on iPhone, iPad, Watch, or Music from the menu bar of Apple’s website and then click on AirPods.
Step #2. Select the AirPods model you like and click on Buy.
Step #3. On this page, click on Personalize it for free.
Step #4. Here you can add emoji or Text to your AirPods case and click on Save. You cannot do both.
Note: For text, I found out that the limit is 22 alphabets, including spaces and everything.
Step #5. Now click on Add to Bag and complete the purchase. You may get the AirPods delivered to your address or pick it up from an Apple Store near you.
This is how to get personalized text or emoji on your AirPods. It makes for a great gift idea. Similarly, you can have engravings on iPod Touch, iPad, and Apple Pencil (2nd Gen).
Important Points Related to Engraving Apple Products
- On the purchase page, you can also add a free gift message on the packing slip. This is different from engraving and you may use this if you are sending the AirPods as a gift to someone. Further note that free gift message is not available for pickup orders, and lastly Gift Messaging that we talked about here is different from Gift Wrapping
- Engraving is not available from other online stores like Amazon, Best Buy, etc. It isn’t even possible when you order from physical Apple Store. It is exclusively online
- Unlike iPhones and iPads, people rarely resell AirPods, but I thought I should let you know that engraving usually decreases the potential resale value of a product
You may also like to see these posts related to Airpods:
- How to Fix AirPods Not Connecting to iPhone
- Best Charging Stands for AirPods Pro
- Over 20 Best AirPods Pro Tips and Tricks
What do you feel about engravings on Apple devices? Are you planning to use this? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.