Sometimes you may want to delete individual messages on your iPhone. For instance, if it contains some sensitive information or is embarrassing. Deleting messages along with attachments and received photos also keeps your phone organized and helps save precious space. Moreover, it’s straightforward to do. So let’s get started.
- How to Delete a Particular Text Message on iPhone
- How to Delete Multiple Text Messages at Once on iPhone
- How to Delete a Message Conversation on iPhone
- How to Automatically Delete Old Text Messages on iPhone
How to Delete a Particular Text Message on iPhone
- In the Messages app, open the conversation.
- Find the specific message and tap and hold it until a pop-up menu emerges.
- On the pop-up menu, tap More.
- Tap the trash can icon at the bottom left of the screen
- Confirm by pressing Delete in the pop-up message.
How to Delete Multiple Text Messages at Once on iPhone
- After tapping More, select the circles next to each of the messages you want to remove.
- Then, tap the trash can and confirm the deletion.
How to Delete a Message Conversation on iPhone
- After tapping More, select the Delete All option at the top of the screen.
- You will have to confirm if you want to “Delete Conversation.”
This can also be done in another way, as described below.
- In the Messages app, find the text conversation you want to delete.
- Swipe left on the conversation you want to delete.
- Tap Delete
- Confirm by again pressing Delete in the pop-up message.
This will eliminate the entire message conversation.
How to Automatically Delete Old Text Messages on iPhone
If you want to keep things better organized, you can configure messages to delete texts automatically after a month or a year of receiving them.
- Go to Settings → Messages.
- Scroll down and tap on Keep Messages.
- Choose either 30 days or 1 year.
- Confirm your decision by tapping the Delete button in the pop-up window.
Apart from delete individual text messages, you can also delete voicemail messages on your iPhone. While clearing the clutter is a good practice, do be careful, though, that you don’t end up trashing anything important. Looking for any more iPhone tricks? Share your thoughts in the comments below.