Sometimes you may want to delete individual messages on your iPhone. For instance, if it contains some sensitive information or is embarrassing. Deleting messages along with attachments and received photos also keeps your phone organized and helps save precious space. Moreover, it’s straightforward to do. So let’s get started.
- How to Delete a Particular Text Message on iPhone
- How to Delete Multiple Text Messages at Once on iPhone
- How to Delete a Message Conversation on iPhone
How to Delete a Particular Text Message on iPhone
- In the Messages app, open the conversation
- Find the specific message and tap and hold it until a pop-up menu emerges.
- On the pop-up menu, tap More.
- Tap the trash can icon at the bottom left of the screen
- Confirm by pressing Delete in the pop-up message.
How to Delete Multiple Text Messages at Once on iPhone
- After tapping More, select the circles next to each of the messages you want to remove
- Then, tap the trash can and confirm the deletion.
How to Delete a Message Conversation on iPhone
- After tapping More, select the Delete All option at the top of the screen
- You will have to confirm if you want to “Delete Conversation.”
This can also be done in another way, as described below.
- In the Messages app, find the text conversation you want to delete
- Swipe left on the conversation you want to delete.
- Tap Delete
- Confirm by again pressing Delete in the pop-up message.
This will eliminate the entire message conversation.
Besides removing the texts manually, you can also have your device do this for you. Check our step-by-step guide on how to auto-delete old messages from iPhone and iPad.
Apart from delete individual text messages, you can also delete voicemail messages on your iPhone. While clearing the clutter is a good practice, do be careful, though, that you don’t end up trashing anything important. Looking for any more iPhone tricks? Share your thoughts in the comments below.