Messages is a heavily used app for its ease and convenience. However, you end up receiving a fair amount of photos, videos, and other attachments. This takes up plenty of space on your device. The good news is you can easily delete a picture or video from the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad. Keep reading to learn more.
How to delete a photo and video from the iOS Messages app
- Launch the Messages app and open any conversation.
- Press and hold the picture/video.
- Now, tap More.
- Select the picture/video you want to delete.
- Tap the trash icon.
- Tap Delete Message to confirm the action.
That’s it! Alternatively, you can tap Delete All at the top left to delete the entire thread.
If you want to delete multiple videos and pictures, using this method can prove tedious. Let me show you a simple trick to delete multiple media in one go.
Delete multiple photos and videos from the Messages on iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Messages app
- Go to any conversation with multiple media.
- Long-press a picture/video.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Tap More.
- Next, a blue checkmark will appear next to the selected photo.
- Scroll and tap all the other multimedia files.
- Tap the Trash icon.
- Tap Delete [N] Messages to confirm.
This will delete all the selected images or videos permanently.
I hope this article helped you understand how you can delete attachments from the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad. If you have any questions, share them in the comments below.