With the introduction of “Universal Clipboard,” copying/pasting text from iOS device to Mac or from macOS to iOS has become a much easier task. But what if you are using Windows, how would you copy/paste text between your iPhone and PC?
Thanks to some handy apps, it’s possible to move images, files or links between Windows PC and iOS devices. Though it’s not as functional as Universal Clipboard, it’s just got the job done. Read on to know more.
How to Copy/Paste Text from iPhone to Mac or Vice -Versa
Universal Clipboard works on the following devices:
- iPhone 5 or newer
- iPad Pro
- iPad (4th generation)
- iPad Air or newer
- iPad mini 2 or newer
- iPod touch (6th generation) or newer
- MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (2012 or newer)
- MacBook Air (2012 or newer)
- Mac mini (2012 or newer)
- iMac (2012 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Also, note that
- Universal Clipboard supports text, photos, and video.
- Make sure you have enabled Handoff both on your iOS device and Mac.
- On iOS device: Settings → General → Handoff
- On Mac: System Preferences → General → Check the box for “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
- It supports iOS 10 or later and macOS Sierra or later.
Step #1. First off, make sure you are signed into iCloud with the same Apple ID.
Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on all of your devices.
Besides, turn on Wi-Fi on all your devices. Keep your devices are near each other.
Step #2. Once you have set up everything perfectly, copy your text, photo, or video on one device and paste them on your other device.
To paste the content, either use Ctrl+V shortcut or just right click and select Paste.
On your iOS device, just double tap to reveal Paste button and then tap on it.
How to Transfer Text, Image, Video Between iPhone and Windows PC
There are several apps and software that let you move contents between your PC and iOS devices. However, I have found “Pushbullet” more reliable. You need to download its iOS app from App Store on your iOS device. Then, download and install its Windows software on your PC. Once you have set them, you will be able to move links, files and more between your devices with ease.
Step #1. Launch Pushbullet on your iOS device. Then, use your Facebook or Google Account to sign into the app.
Similarly, you need to open Pushbullet on your computer and sign into it using your Google or Facebook account.
Step #2. Now, open the app on your computer and select Devices in the sidebar. Then, copy anything you want and paste it into the text field. Next, open the app on your iPhone → tap on Pushing tab at the bottom and make sure Me tab at the top is selected. Now, you will see the content you sent from your computer.
Likewise, copy anything on your iOS device and paste it into the app. Then, open Pushbullet on your computer and check out the content.
I find “Universal Clipboard” very handy as it offers a seamless experience. Let me know what you think of it in the comments below.
You might want to refer these posts as well:
- Tips to fix Universal Clipboard not working Issue
- How to Enable Type to Siri on Mac
- How to Customize Website Settings in macOS High Sierra
- How to Improve macOS High Sierra Battery Life