Admit it, we all watch videos on YouTube that we don’t want others to know. Be it your family or colleagues; we like to keep it private. To support your privacy, YouTube lets you hide or delete that activity from its history. However, hiding or deleting it makes sense when your kid or loved one is accustomed to using your iPhone, or your Google account is synced with multiple devices. To help you out, we have prepared this guide on how to clear YouTube search and watch history on iPhone and iPad.
- How to Clear Individual YouTube Search History on iPhone and iPad
- How to Clear Individual YouTube Watch History on iPhone and iPad
- How to Delete YouTube Search and Watch History on iPhone and iPad
- Auto Delete Your YouTube History on iPhone and iPad
How to Clear Individual YouTube Search History on iPhone and iPad
- Open the YouTube app on your device.
- Tap on the Search icon.
- Slide left on a search result to delete it.
Likewise, you can delete multiple search results from your history.
How to Remove Individual YouTube Watch History on iPhone and iPad
- Open the YouTube app.
- Tap on Library at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the More icon underneath a video.
- Hit Remove from Watch History.
The video will be removed from the list of your watched content. You can follow the same steps to delete multiple unwanted videos from your history.
How to Clear YouTube Search and Watch History on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the YouTube app.
- Tap on profile icon at the top right corner.
- Go to the Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Clear Watch History and Clear Search History, respectively.
How to Pause Search and Watch History in YouTube
Pausing the history won’t delete any previous content you’ve watched. You can still view or delete it at any time.
- Open the YouTube app on iPhone.
- Tap on the profile icon and select Settings.
- Turn on the toggle for Pause Watch History and Pause Search History.
YouTube won’t keep a record of any content you search and watch in your profile history. Later if you want YouTube to show your history, just disable the toggles, and it will start keeping a record of it.
Auto Delete Your YouTube History on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the YouTube app.
- Tap the username icon.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Manage all activity.
- You’ll be redirected to your YouTube History page under the Google Account settings.
- Now, tap Auto-delete.
- Choose from auto-delete activity older than 3 months, 18 months, and 36 months and tap on Next.
- On the next screen, hit Confirm and then tap on OK.
YouTube will automatically delete your history as per your selected time.
As everyone wants to keep the complete privacy of the type of content they watch, maintaining the history of your YouTube profile can be a huge help. If you’d be asked to give feedback about this feature, what would you do? Let us know in the comment section below! Also, know about how to use restricted mode on YouTube.
- How to Upload Videos to YouTube From iPhone or iPad
- 14 Ways to fix YouTube videos not playing on Mac’s Safari
- How to delete YouTube offline videos on iPhone and iPad
- iOS 14: How to Watch 4K YouTube Videos on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
I am an aspiring tech blogger who is always in love with new generation iPhones and iPads. At iGeeksBlog, I am dedicated to rendering the How-To's, Troubleshooting bugs, and reviewing apps that are a great deal of help. When I am not writing, I am daydreaming about the future of all things Apple and watching videos of smartphone battles on YouTube.
Your site helped me clear my Youtube watch history. Thank you from someone who is NOT tech savvy at all! I was deleting each video one at a time! Ugh!!! 🤦🏻♀️ You made it so easy to understand!