Before you know how to change your iCloud storage plan on any of your devices, there's a good news for iPhone lovers, Apple recently announced the latest prices of the iCloud Storage. And according to the new price list, the 20GB storage option has been removed and replaced by 50GB, the price for the same is $0.99.
How to Change iCloud Storage Plan
Coming back to the topic, how to upgrade/downgrade iCloud storage plan with these new prices into effect. Well, today I am going to guide you to change your plan on your devices such as iPhone, iPad, Mac and Windows. First let's see how you can upgrade your existing plans to a newer one.
How to Upgrade iCloud Storage Plan on iPhone and iPad
Capturing more videos and photos can surely drain your cloud storage. In that case, you are sure in need of more space. May be the 5GB free cloud storage given by Apple will be enough, but what if you have many memorable moments and don't want to miss any of the special ones, it is recommended to upgrade your storage space. Here's how you can do it:
- Go the settings in your iOS device → Tap on iCloud and next on Storage options.
- Tap on Buy More Storage option, select the plan you would like to change and enter your Apple ID. That's it!
How to Upgrade iCloud Storage Plan on Mac
Well, we all know that Mac book has enough space in its hard disk. But there are times when you have some important files or projects which you don't want to lose on formatting the system. This is where you need more space in your iCloud storage, because, for Mac, 5GB of free space is almost negligible. So here's how you can upgrade the plan:
- Open the Apple Menu and click on System Preferences.
- Now click on iCloud
- Click on Manage option.
- You will now find an option to Buy More Storage.
- Select your plan.
- Enter your Apple ID password. Your Mac book is all set to upgrade its cloud storage space.
How to Upgrade iCloud Storage Plan on Windows PC
The situations and the need of more space for PC go hand in hand with Mac. There might be many reasons to upgrade the storage plan. So let's see how you can do that on your Windows PC. Before moving ahead, you need to download iCloud for Windows on your PC.
- Open iCloud on Windows PC and sign into you account.
- Click on Storage.
- Click on Buy More Storage.
- Select the option Change Storage Plan and click on next.
- The pop-up will appear asking you ID and Password, enter them and click on Buy button.
By following these steps, you will now be able to access more storage on your Windows PC as per your selected plan. So this was all about upgrading the cloud storage plan on various devices. Now let's see how to downgrade the storage plans.
How to Downgrade iCloud Storage Plans
Now that there is no option of 500GB, you might find the 1TB plan a bit costlier. But you can always downgrade the plan at any point of time to 200GB or 50GB. Here are some steps to downgrade your storage plan on various devices.
Downgrade iCloud Storage Plan on iPhone and iPad
To downgrade your plan on any of the iOS devices, just follow the below given steps:
- Go to settings, tap on iCloud and then on Storage.
- Now tap on Change Storage Plan and then tap on Downgrade Options.
- Choose your plan and tap on Done from top right corner.
Please take a note that you downgrade the plan only when the present plan expires because you will lose the extra space for what you have paid before.
How to Downgrade iCloud Storage Plan on Mac
There is not much difference between downgrading and upgrading the storage plan for Mac.
- Open the Apple Menu and click on System preferences to open iCloud.
- Now click on Manage and then Change Storage Plan.
- Click on Downgrade Options.
- Enter the Apple ID password.
- Select a different plan → Click on Done and your plan will be changed.
How to Downgrade iCloud Storage Plan on Windows PC
Open the iCloud for Windows as you did the same for upgrading the plan;
- Now click on Storage → Change Storage Plan → Downgrade Options.
- Enter the Apple ID password and then click on Manage option.
- Select the desired plan to downgrade the iCloud storage and click on Done.
This is how you can downgrade the iCloud storage plans on various devices.