No country or jurisdiction recommends texting or calling while you drive. It is fatal, and to help, your iPhone has a handy feature called Do Not Disturb While Driving. What’s even better is that you can set up an auto-reply on your iPhone whenever you are in DND mode. This will automatically respond to incoming texts. Let’s dig in and learn how to do it.
How to send an auto-reply to text messages on iPhone
- Open iPhone Settings.
- Next, tap Do Not Disturb.
- Tap Activate and choose one from Automatically, When Connected to Car Bluetooth, Manually.
- Now, go back and tap Auto-Reply To.
You can select a few or All Contacts as per your preference.
- Go back and tap Auto-Reply and edit the message you want to send.
That’s it! Whenever the selected contact texts you during DND while driving mode, they will receive this auto-reply text message.
If you select Manually for Activate, you can enable and disable this mode according to your choice. To enable this mode quickly, you can access the shortcut from the Control Center. Read along.
Add Do Not Disturb While Driving
- Open Settings and tap Control Center.
- Tap Customize Controls.
- Tap the green + icon beside Do Not Disturb While Driving.
- Hit <Back at the top left.
- Now open Control Center, and you will see a car icon. Tap it to enable this mode.
How to send auto-text on iPhone
- Open iPhone Settings.
- Now, tap Focus.
- Next, tap Focus Status and enable Auto-Reply.
- Tap Do Not Disturb, and make sure Share Focus Status is enabled.
Extra info: You can also use this trick to enable auto-replies not only while driving but even when you are on vacation or merely unplugging for some time. Make sure you enter your custom vacation text.
Now your contacts will be sent an auto-reply if you’re too busy to text, and have DND enabled on your iPhone.
I hope this quick guide on setting auto-reply to text messages on iPhone made your life a little easier. Have any related queries? Share in the comments below.
- How to set up a custom message reply for incoming calls on iPhone
- How to make a voice memo a ringtone on iPhone (Without a computer)
- Best Apple CarPlay Apps for iPhone
- Apple CarPlay tips every driver should know
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.