No country or jurisdiction recommends that you text or call while driving. It is fatal, and to help, your iPhone has a handy feature called Do Not Disturb While Driving. What’s even better is that you can set up an auto-reply on iPhone whenever you are in DND mode. This will automatically respond to incoming texts. So, let us dig in and learn how to auto-reply to text messages on iPhone in iOS 13.
- How to Set up an Automatic Reply to Text Messages on iPhone
- Add Do Not Disturb While Driving Shortcut on the iPhone Control Center
How to Set up an Automatic Reply to Text Messages on iPhone
You can also use this trick to enable auto-replies not only while driving but even when you are on vacation, or merely unplugging for some time. For this in step 5, make sure you enter your custom vacation text. Let’s begin!
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Do Not Disturb.
- Under DO NOT DISTURB WHILE DRIVING, tap Activate. Select the option that suits you.
- Go Back, and tap Auto-Reply To. Select All Contacts, or what suits you.
- Now, Go Back and tap Auto-Reply. You may change the text here if you want.
Now let me show you how to add DND While Driving shortcut icon to Control Center for quick access.
Add Do Not Disturb While Driving Shortcut on the iPhone Control Center
- Open the Settings app and tap Control Center.
- Tap Customize Controls.
- Tap the green icon for Do Not Disturb While Driving.
- Tap <Back from the upper left.
- Now open Control Center, and you will see a car icon. Tap on it to enable this mode.
Once you set up an auto-reply to text messages on the iPhone, your automatic response will be sent to everyone who texts or calls you.
Note: Ensure that ‘Activate’ under DO NOT DISTURB WHILE DRIVING is set to ‘Manually’ so that you can enable and disable this mode according to your choice. Finally, we have already talked about setting suitable custom text in step 5 above.
You may also like to take a peek at:
- Best Apple CarPlay Apps for iPhone
- How to Increase Navigation Volume in Google Maps on iPhone or iPad
- How to Save Offline Maps in Google Maps on iPhone or Android
If you have a question, feel free to ask in the comment section below.