Let’s put it straight, there are several reasons why you can’t see None when editing your Apple ID payment information. It has too many strings attached hence; you will have to first clear them out before getting to the root of the issue.
Even if you don’t have any payment due, you won’t be able to select None while updating your Apple ID payment information. To clear all the doubts, check out why it happens and what you need to do to choose nil without any hassle.
Can’t Find “None” Option in Apple ID Payment Information
Reason #1. If you have payment due or unpaid balance
You won’t be able to choose None as your payment type until you have paid your balance.
Solution: Don’t know which order you have to pay? Head over to this quick guide to viewing your purchase history on your iOS device.
When you log in to the store, you might receive a message saying “There was a billing issue with your last order.” You can click the Billing Info button to view the order.
Once you have paid for the order, you will be allowed to change your payment information to None.
Reason #2. If you have a subscription that renews Automatically
Have you a subscription that renews automatically? You need to first cancel it to be able to choose None.
Solution: In case the subscription offers a free trial, Apple uses your selected payment method so that your service won’t come to a halt after the termination of the free trial. You can easily cancel the subscription to prevent any charges.
Reason #3. If you aren’t living in the country or region you’re creating an Apple ID for
You won’t be allowed to select None if you aren’t living in the country or region you’re creating an Apple ID for. For instance, if you are living in Canada, you are you’re creating an Apple ID with a billing address in the UK, you can’t select None as the payment method.
Reason #4. If you changed your country or region
If you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you need to provide a payment method and update your billing options. Else, you won’t be allowed to use gift cards or store credit as your payment method.
Solution: If you wish to remove your payment method once you have changed the country or region, you will be able to change your payment information to None.
Reason #5. If you are part of a Family Sharing
Ensure that you are not part of a Family Sharing group as you can’t select None until you have left it.
On your iOS device:
Step #1. Launch Settings → [your name] → Family Sharing. (Note: If your iPhone is running iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings → iCloud → Family.)
Step #2. Now, Tap [your name] and select Stop(if you are an organizer)/Leave Family(if you are a member.)
On your Mac:
Step #1. First off, you need to click on Apple menu → Click on System Preferences.
Step #2. Click on iCloud.
Step #3. Click on Manage Family.
Step #4. Click on [your name] and then select the Remove (—) button in the bottom-left corner or click on Stop Family Sharing.
Reason #6. Can’t choose None, if you are using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time
You can’t select None if you are using App Store or iTunes Store for the first time with an existing Apple ID.
Solution: You need to first provide a payment method. Once you have created your account, you will be able to change your payment information to None.
Check out the four important things:
- Don’t get angry to receive a charge on your bank, credit card, or debit statement, it might be due to Family Sharing purchases, subscriptions, or your payment method attached to a different Apple ID
- Setting up an Apple ID for the first time and don’t want to set up payment options? Open the App Store app → select free app → tap on Get → When asked to sign in with an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID → Go ahead with the onscreen instructions → None when you are asked to select a payment method
- You can’t see None option when using the Apple ID account page to set your payment method
- If you no longer want to keep your Apple ID payment information, you can easily remove it. Open Settings app on your iOS device → [your name] → Payment & Shipping → Payment Method. Now, edit your payment details. To remove your payment method or change to a different payment method, head over to the bottom of the Payment Details screen and tap Change Payment Method. Next, you need to select None or a different payment method
That’s pretty much it!
Hopefully, all of your queries have been answered. Share your feedback in the comments.
You might want to refer these posts as well:
- How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos on iPhone and iPad
- Identify Genuine Emails from the App Store or iTunes Store
- How to Restore Deleted Apps on iPhone or iPad from App Store