As a small business owner or freelancer, creating and managing invoices consume a significant chunk of your time. Moreover, the task is unavoidable as your payment depends on it. This is where invoice apps can come in handy and make the work hassle-free for you.
However, the App Store is brimming with invoice apps, and not all are the same! Hence, we have compiled a list of the best invoice-making apps for iPhone and iPad to make your life easier.
1. QuickBooks Accounting: Editor’s Choice
QuickBooks has emerged as one of the most useful apps for small businesses. Chosen as the best counting app by CNBC, QuickBooks offers plenty of features such as a real-time dashboard for tracking all invoices, expenses, and payments, automating recurring invoices, and the option to connect your bank account with the app.
The accounting app has an intuitive user interface, and you can track all your invoices from the dashboard. Besides generating invoices, it can also show the impact of your bills on your business’s overall financial condition.
If you’re a small business owner, look no further than QuickBooks Accounting. The app also offers a 30-day free unlimited access trial to test the app before buying the subscription.
- Single dashboard to track all your invoices
- Recurring invoice making feature
- Analyze profit and loss in a single tap
- 30-day trial period
- You cannot setup your account for multiple companies
- No round off option
- Doesn’t support QuickBooks Desktop
Price: Free (In-app purchases start at $9.99/mo)
2. FreshBooks: Most easy-to-use invoice app
FreshBooks started initially as an invoice-making app and later ventured into other financial services. However, its invoice app is still top-notch.
The app offers useful features such as invoice customization by adding your company’s logo, send reminders to clients from the app itself, and request deposits from clients. Moreover, it has been designed with the sole motive of making the task of creating and tracking invoices easier.
Even if you aren’t technology-savvy, using FreshBooks is a breeze with an intuitive interface and navigation.
- Option to add tracked time and expenses to your invoices
- Send reminders to clients
- Recurring invoice making feature
- Multiple third-party app integrations
- No option to integrate your bank account
- Time tracking tool can improve
Price: Free (In-app purchases start at $14.99)
3. Zoho Invoice: Create invoices in several languages and currencies
Zoho is a popular name when it comes to the best invoice apps for iPhones. It offers outstanding invoice creating features in addition to categorizing expenses, allowing tracking of time and bills, tracking payment status from clients, and offering a user-friendly interface to make it easy even for non-accounting people.
The invoicing feature of the app is commendable. You get beautiful invoices and quote templates to impress your clients. Moreover, you can also download or print invoice/estimate PDF using AirPrint.
But, what makes it better than other iOS invoice apps is its support for creating invoices in multiple languages and currencies. Therefore, if your business is spread across multiple locations where different languages and currencies are used, the Zoho Invoice app is the one you should use.
- Aplenty templates for creating invoices
- Accept online payments from the app
- Track invoice status for overdue payments
- Visual and insightful dashboard
- Complicated procedure for creating custom recurring invoices
- The reporting feature is absent
Price: Free (In-app purchases start at $6.99)
4. Invoicera: Best for custom invoices
Sometimes you want to exhibit creativity in your invoices and need to customize the invoices as per your wish. This is where Invoicera enters.
The app can be customized as per your business needs. It comes with a custom workflow management that lets you set different aspects of invoice creation suitable to you.
Moreover, Invoicera claims that you can create an invoice for business in less than 3 minutes. You can also integrate an existing legacy set up to smoothen the procedure further.
The app offers pre-designed invoice templates, reviews invoice status in real-time and converts invoices into PDF files. It also comes with an in-house approval process to create an accurate online invoice in one go.
- Automated billing
- Payment gateway integration
- Schedule invoice
- Change language and currency
- A bit expensive
- Complicated interface for a new user
Price: Free (In-app purchases start at $15)
5. Invoice Ninja: Best free invoice app for iPhone
If you are a budding startup or a small business with limited resources and don’t want to spend on an invoice app, Invoice Ninja is the best option for you. This invoice-making app for iPhone lets you manage up to 100 clients and generate limitless invoices for free.
With the help of intuitive charts and a dashboard in the app, you can track your sent invoices. You can also access your product library to fill invoices with items & costs.
Other additional invoice features you get in the app include setting up due dates, partial payments, and viewing the PDF when they are ready to send, clone invoices, archive or delete clients or invoices, and receive app and email notifications when invoices are viewed or paid.
Despite being free, Invoice Ninja equips the best-in-class features.
- Supports 2FA for added security
- Allow clients to pay directly from their invoice with the click of a button
- Data can be synced across multiple platforms and devices
- You can create unlimited invoices for free
- Attaching 3rd party files to invoices & quotations is a premium feature
- Not optimized for large businesses
Price: Free (In-app purchases start at $99.99)
6. Xero Accounting: Best for sending multiple invoices at once
Xero is another strong contender when it comes to the best invoice apps for iPhone. The app allows you to create and send invoices on the go. You can customize invoices by adding your company logo, create invoice layouts to reuse them, set payment terms in invoices, and customize the fields in your invoices.
Xero also allows you to accept payments from your customers directly from the app. You simply need to add a ‘pay now’ button to online invoices to facilitate one-click payment.
Additionally, you can also see whether your customer has viewed an invoice from the app. Also, you can combine multiple invoices into a single PDF and attach them to an email.
- Set up repeating online invoices
- Turn accepted quotes into invoices
- Send multiple online invoices
- The interface is quite complex to grasp
- Separate app for handling expenses
Price: Free (In-app purchases start at $29.99)
7. Spark Invoice Maker: All-in-one basic invoice app
If you want an all-in-one invoice app for iPhone, Spark Invoice Maker should be your ideal choice. Although an underdog with ratings from 51 users on the App Store, it comes with intuitive features that allow you to generate an invoice directly from your iPhone within a few minutes.
You can also create quotations for your customers and turn them into an invoice instantly. Additional features include building a client and an item list, adding your corporate logo to your invoice, editing taxation, adding discounts, and changing currencies with a few taps.
- Intuitive user interface
- Easy invoice sharing
- Account history to track old invoices
- Lacks advanced features
Price: Free (In-app purchases start at $8.99/mo)
How to choose the best invoice app for iPhone and iPad?
If you’re out there to choose the best invoice-making app compatible with iPhones and iPads, the choices could overwhelm you initially. There are several options you can choose from.
However, picking the best out of the lot depends solely on your requirements. If you are a startup or a freelancer and want a free invoice app, we recommend picking Invoice Ninja.
Similarly, if you want several options to customize invoices for your business, Invoicera should be the ideal choice. If you want a feature-packed app and a simple-to-understand user interface, you could choose from Spark Invoice or FreshBooks.
Tell us your choice for the best invoice app in the comments below. Also, mention if you think we’ve missed any app that deserves a spot on this list.
You may also like to read these: