Screenshots are a boon for almost every smartphone user. Whether to instantly save a payment receipt, an important message or even save a website as a PDF, it comes pretty handily. While taking screenshots on the iPhone is pretty simple, but what if the Home or Power buttons are stuck or not working? Don’t worry; try these three simple hacks to take iPhone screenshots without Button.
- Take a Screenshot on iPhone Using Siri
- How to Take a Screenshot by Tapping the Back of iPhone
- Use Assistive Touch to Take iPhone Screenshot without Button
Take a Screenshot on iPhone Using Siri
Thanks to Siri’s new & compact interface in iOS 14, you can now take screenshots hands-free. Firstly, ensure the Hey Siri feature is enabled. Then call upon the voice assistant by saying, ‘Hey Siri.’
Now say Take a Screenshot, and Siri will instantly do so.
Not just hands-free, iOS 14 adds another easy method to take screenshots with the Back Tap feature; check out how.
How to Take a Screenshot by Tapping the Back of iPhone
- Launch the Settings app on iPhone and go to Accessibility.
- Tap on Touch and Scroll down to select Back Tap.
- You will have two options here, Double Tap and Triple Tap; select the one you prefer.
- Here, choose Screenshot from the given options.
That’s it; now, whenever you Double/Triple tap on your device’s back a screenshot will be taken.
Note: The feature is only available on iPhone 8 and above. To check the whole list of compatible devices, and learn more about Back Tap, check out our ultimate guide.
- Go to the Settings app → Tap on Accessibility.
- Next, tap on Touch and then tap on AssistiveTouch.
- Now, turn ON the Toggle Next to “AssistiveTouch” on iPhone.
- After a round virtual button appears on the iPhone screen, select a suitable custom action – tap on Single-Tap, Double-Tap, Long Press, or 3D Touch.
- Select Screenshot from the menu.
Now, use the custom action you assigned for screenshots, and an image of the current screen will be taken by iOS. AssitiveTouch is indeed a pretty easy-to-use accessibility feature. And not just for screengrab, you can use AssistiveTouch for tons of other purposes as well.
All the ways of taking screenshots on the iPhone without buttons are quite easy and quick. So, you can easily switch between them depending upon your preference. We hope you enjoyed these handy hacks, do send us your love in the comment section below.
Here are some references that might come in handy: