When you have a lot of friends on WhatsApp, your chat library is usually overflowing with texts, media files, and stickers. Text messages don’t hold much space on your iPhone storage. But images and videos occupy a significant amount of space in your camera roll, especially if you’re a part of a manifold of chat groups. If you’re tired of deleting files from your camera roll and worried about excessive mobile data usage, let me help you out to stop WhatsApp from saving photos and videos to iPhone Camera Roll.
- How to Stop WhatsApp Auto-Saving Images and Videos on iPhone
- How to Stop WhatsApp Auto-Download Media on iPhone
How to Stop WhatsApp Auto-Saving Images and Videos on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Tap Settings from the right corner at the bottom of the screen.
- Go into Chats.
- Turn off the Save to Camera Roll toggle.
This option works best when you want to view each media file sent to you in your WhatsApp Chats but don’t want to save it in the Photos app.
Note: In case you want to save a particular WhatsApp photo or video, read our detailed guide.
How to Stop WhatsApp Auto-Download Media on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp → Go into Settings.
- Tap on Data and Storage Usage.
- Select your preferred option from all 4 media lists of Photos, Audio, Video, and Documents.
- Pick Never from 3 options that will appear to stop WhatsApp auto-download media files on your iPhone.
If you’re concerned about both storage space and mobile data usage, you can leverage this option which works as an ultimate solution. After enabling the ‘Never’ option, you can download a media file that is important to you.
But in a case, storage space is not your concern, you can turn on the ‘Wi-Fi’ option to auto-download the media when running on a Wi-Fi connection.
As everyday WhatsApp users, we know that not all media files are relevant to us in any way. They’re not helpful nor entertaining. So if you will have to select one option from both, what would you prefer? Drop us a comment about it down here.
Also, don’t forget to check out these quick links:
- How to Write Bold, Italic, Strikethrough in WhatsApp on iPhone
- How to Enable WhatsApp Web Dark Mode
- How to Clear WhatsApp Data Storage on iPhone
- 26 Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks for iPhone