Snapchat introduced the world to ephemeral messages. The app deletes unopened Snaps after 24 hours. Notification is an effective way to follow what your friends have posted. Sometimes iPhone users stop receiving Snapchat notifications.
Several issues like wrong settings, app conflict could interrupt Snapchat notifications. If notification is not working, you might miss out on all those juicy Snaps. Fret not; this article will explain how you can fix Snapchat notifications not working on iPhone. Let’s start with the basics.
- Enable notification from the Snapchat app
- Enable Snapchat notification on iPhone
- Log out and back in
- Allow Snapchat Background app refresh
- Clear app cache
- Update Snapchat
- Check Focus Mode settings
1. Enable notification from the Snapchat app
Firstly, you need to check whether push notification is enabled in the Snapchat app. Head over to Snapchat settings and enable notifications. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Open Snapchat and tap the profile icon at the top left.
- Tap the gear cog icon to open Settings.
- Locate and select Notifications.
- Toggle on all the items you want to be notified about.
- Tap Manage Story Notification if you are not notified about new stories.
- Enter the name of the person/account in search.
Voila! Next time they upload a story, you will get notified.
Ideally, Snapchat notifications should start appearing on your iPhone. If not, proceed to the next troubleshooting steps.
2. Enable Snapchat notification on iPhone
Not getting notifications from Snapchat even after enabling in settings? It is quite likely that the iPhone setting is blocking your Snapchat notifications. You need to ensure the app can push notifications on your iPhone. Here is how to do it.
- Open Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down and select Snapchat.
- Toggle on Allow Notifications.
Optional: You can also customize further by choosing alerts, banner style, and Snapchat notification settings.
3. Log out and back in
Is Snapchat notification still not working? A fresh login could be helpful. Head over to Settings → Log Out. Avoid saving login info on iCloud. Now, restart Snapchat and once again enter your login details.
4. Allow Snapchat Background app refresh
Background refresh lets you allow/disallow apps from checking new content in the background. When enabled, battery and data consumption increases on iPhone. On the flipside, background refresh needs to be enabled for Snapchat notifications. Here’s how to do it:
- Open iPhone Settings.
- Head to General.
- Tap Background App Refresh.
- Select Wi-Fi & Mobile data.
- Additionally, choose the apps you want to enable background app refresh. Turn it off for the remaining apps.
5. Clear app cache
Conflicting or corrupt files in user data can cause issues with Snapchat notifications. As a preemptive measure, clear cache data every once in a while. Follow the steps below to clear the Snapchat app cache.
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap the profile icon on the top left.
- Select the gear cog icon to open Settings.
- Tap Clear Cache and select Clear.
Note: Clearing cache will delete Snapchat settings and other data like search history.
6. Update Snapchat
Perhaps a bug is breaking Snapchat notifications on iPhone. In such a scenario, update Snapchat to the latest version. Typically, you can go to the App Store and update the app.
However, if you can’t update Snapchat for some reason, check out these troubleshooting methods to update apps on iOS. Once done, check if you are receiving Snapchat notifications. If not, proceed to change Focus Mode settings.
7. Check Focus Mode settings
Focus Mode lets you block distractions and better focus on the task at hand. Unfortunately, it might be the culprit blocking all your Snapchat notifications. Check Focus Mode settings. You can either disable Focus Mode or whitelist Snapchat to continue receiving notifications even when Focus mode is on.
Here’s how to whitelist Snapchat:
- Open iPhone Settings.
- Tap Focus → Do Not Disturb.
- Next, toggle off Do Not Disturb.
- On the same screen, tap Apps under Allowed Notifications.
- Tap the + icon under Allowed Apps and select Snapchat from the list.
I hope you are now receiving Snapchat notifications on your iPhone. Facing other issues with Snapchat notification? Check out our FAQ section covering the answers to the common Snapchat notification issues.
FAQs: Fix common Snapchat Notifications issue
Tired of friends snooping on Snapchat notifications? Thankfully you can hide your name and other notification information. Go to Settings → Notifications → Snapchat → Show Previews. Select “When Unlocked.” Henceforth, Snapchat notifications will appear only when your iPhone is unlocked.
Snapchat sound might stop working if the notification is not set up properly. Go to Settings → Notifications → Snapchat → Toggle on Sounds. Also, ensure iPhone is not in silent mode.
Bogged down by a peculiar bug on Snapchat? Perhaps the developer is not aware of the bug. The best thing to do is report the problem to Snapchat. Here is how you can report a problem to Snapchat using iPhone. Tap Profile→ Settings → I spotted a bug.
Next, Choose the section wherein you encountered the bug. (Eg- Camera, Friends, Profile, etc.). Then, add a description, screenshot, and tap Submit. Try to be as elaborate as possible while describing the problem. Snapchat will revert with a report on your registered email address.
I hope Snapchat notification is finally up and running on your iPhone. Go ahead and focus on creating a record-breaking Snapchat Streak!