It’s been about ten years since former Apple CEO Steve Jobs launched iPhone. The smartphone did not just change how we used to look at phones but also made us believe that a tiny device can do much more than we ever thought. The legend of the iPhone is as fascinating as you can imagine. It has been the leader of its time and boasts several innovative features. Here are the ten most interesting facts about iPhone you would love to learn!
Most interesting facts about iPhone
1. The grand birth of iPhone happened from the long investigation of touchscreen and a tablet computer.
2. On September 7, 2005, Apple and Motorola came together to launch a phone called ROKR E1.
3. Being unhappy with ROKR, former Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced iPhone at the Macworld convention. On June 29, 2007, the iPhone was rolled out.
4. The first advertisement of the smartphone was named as “Hello” which was displayed during the 79th Academy Awards on February 25, 2007.
5. Apple reportedly paid US$1 million to Michael Kovatch on 1 July 2007 for the transfer of iPhone.com domain name.
6. So far, Apple has announced 13 models of iPhones:
- iPhone: 2007
- iPhone 3G: 2008
- iPhone 3GS: 2009
- iPhone 4: 2010
- iPhone 4s: 2011
- iPhone 5: 2012
- iPhone 5s, 5c: 2013
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus: 2014
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus: 2015
- iPhone SE: 2016
7. With a comparatively strong iSight camera, iPhone is believed to have revolutionized photos.
8. iPhone has just around 20% market share in the world. However, Apple takes away over 90% profit of the smartphone industry.
9. Since iPhone 5, the Cupertino-based company has unveiled every new iPhone during a special event, which is held on first or second Tuesday or Wednesday of September.
10. Several breakthrough features like mobile payment system, Touch ID has first arrived on iPhone.
What’s your expectation from iPhone 7? There are some interesting iPhone 7 features including the smart connector which are likely to arrive on the next-gen phone.
You may like to read: