Facebook has added an in-app sound effect in its newest version. By default, the in-app sound is enabled and makes a bit teasing noise whenever you like or comment on a post, or even refresh your news feed, for that matter. If you are not a big fan of little popping or squishing sounds, you are in for an annoying ride. Of course, you can mute the iPhone’s speaker, but what if you want to listen to music? Thankfully, you can disable in-app sound effects on your phone in a matter of seconds. Here’s how you can turn off annoying Facebook sounds on iPhone and iPad.
- How to turn off Facebook’s In-App sound effects on iPhone
- Turn off Facebook Messenger sounds on the iPhone
How to turn off Facebook’s In-App sound effects on iPhone
- Open Facebook and tap on three vertical lines at the bottom right.
- Scroll down to Settings and Privacy and then tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Media and Contacts and tap Sounds.
- Toggle off the In-App Sound.
Turn off Facebook Messenger sounds on the iPhone
- Open Messenger.
- Tap your DP at the top right corner.
- Look for Notifications under the Preferences Section.
- Toggle off the sound.
That’s it, people. It was that simple!
Successfully turned off annoying Facebook sounds on iPhone!
Turning off the sound is a great help, especially if you are using Facebook to promote your business and have tons of activities. So, disable the annoying sound, and enjoy browsing the app seamlessly.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your feedback in the comments below.