Facebook has added an in-app sound effect in its newest version. By default, the in-app sound is enabled and makes a bit teasing noise whenever you like or comment on a post, or even refresh your news feed, for that matter. If you are not a big fan of little popping or squishing sounds, you are in for an annoying ride. Of course, you can mute the iPhone’s speaker, but what if you want to listen to music? Thankfully, you can disable in-app sound effects on your phone in a matter of seconds. Here’s how you can turn off annoying Facebook sounds on iPhone and iPad.
- How to turn off Facebook’s In-App sound effects on iPhone
- Turn off Facebook Messenger sounds on the iPhone
How to turn off Facebook’s In-App sound effects on iPhone
- Open Facebook and tap on three vertical lines at the bottom right.
- Scroll down to Settings and Privacy and then tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Media and Contacts and tap Sounds.
- Toggle off the In-App Sound.
Turn off Facebook Messenger sounds on the iPhone
- Open Messenger.
- Tap your DP at the top right corner.
- Look for Notifications under the Preferences Section.
- Toggle off the sound.
That’s it, people. It was that simple!
Successfully turned off annoying Facebook sounds on iPhone!
Turning off the sound is a great help, especially if you are using Facebook to promote your business and have tons of activities. So, disable the annoying sound, and enjoy browsing the app seamlessly.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your feedback in the comments below.
- How to Create a Facebook Event on iPhone and iPad
- How to Make a Facebook Avatar on iPhone
- Find Out What Facebook Knows About You
- Best Facebook Alternatives for iPhone and iPad
An entrepreneur by heart, I am obsessed with the world of Apple. I survive on Apple products and their updates. Over the last five years, I have been writing all kinds of content that are remotely connected to Apple and sharing across digital platforms. When not writing, you will find me on the court playing basketball or in my room playing the sitar.
Thanks! Great easy step by step directions ! Now maybe I will NOT annoy my wife of 43 years, when I hit the “ like” button , over & over !
I have an iPad mini 4. The directions didn’t work for me. Would you please help me. Thank you.
These are the official instructions for the Facebook app. It should work across devices. Did you make sure to turn off Messenger sounds too as explained in the article above? Because facebook and Messenger sounds are different.
There is no Media and Sounds in my app settings.
Thank you! Super helpful & solved issue immediately!
Here are the updated instructions:
1. Open Facebook and tap on three vertical lines at the bottom right.
2. Scroll down to Settings and Privacy and then tap Settings.
3. Under Preferences, tap Media.
4. Toggle OFF In-App Sound.
This no longer works. On the iPhone Facebook app, there no longer is a Media choice, so you cannot toggle off the in-app sounds.
Thanks for bringing the issue to our notice, the update might have changed the settings around.
We’ll try and find a workaround and update the article as soon as possible.