Music junkies like me seek to have their favorite tunes on their iPhones. If you’ve downloaded music tracks on your computer, you can quickly transfer them to your iPhone. Here, I will show you how to transfer music from your computer to your iPhone using iTunes. iTunes lets you sync your content with your iPhone using Windows or Mac.
- How to transfer music from iTunes to iPhone
- How to transfer music manually from iTunes to iPhone
- How to sync iTunes to iPhone without USB
How to transfer music from iTunes to iPhone
Before you transfer music from your computer to your iPhone, you must download the latest version of iTunes on your Windows system. If you have a Mac running macOS Ventura, use Finder to download from iTunes to your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable → Open the iTunes app.
- Select the iPhone icon.
- From the left pane, tap Music.
- Choose which media to transfer and tick the checkbox beside Sync Music.
- Click Apply.
If the automatic synchronization process does not begin immediately, click Sync.
You may get an alert that your iPhone is synchronized with another iTunes library if you have previously linked to another computer. Click Erase and Sync to replace the existing music library. After syncing, open the Music app to see the music tracks in your library.
After setting up iTunes to sync to your iPhone, you may transfer music from iTunes to your iPhone without USB. When both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi, your iPhone will be shown on iTunes. Then, click Summary, choose Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi, and hit Apply. Afterward, whenever your iPhone is connected to power, and iTunes is opened on your computer, it will automatically sync music.
How to transfer music manually from iTunes to iPhone
You may stop iTunes from auto-syncing your iPhone to save storage. In this case, transfer music from iTunes to your iPhone without syncing. It allows you to manually choose playlists, artists, albums, and genres from your iTunes collection while transferring.
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect with your iPhone.
- Click Summary → Manually manage music and videos.
- Hit Apply.
- Go back to the Library → Click Songs.
- Drag and drop your favorite music to your iPhone’s Music section in the left pane.
How to sync iTunes to iPhone without USB
Can’t connect your computer and iPhone using a USB? You may transfer music from iTunes to your iPhone using Apple Music. Also, iCloud Music Library is a great way to sync your music across devices with the same Apple ID.
- Go to Settings → Tap Music.
- Toggle on Sync Library.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Click Edit → Preferences.
- Select iCloud Music Library → Hit OK.
Groove on your favorite track!
Now you understand how to transfer music from a computer to an iPhone with iTunes and enjoy your favorite music on the go. With a little effort, you can have your entire music library at your fingertips wherever you go. Do you use any other methods to transfer music? Let me know in the comments below.
- iTunes not recognizing iPhone? Tips to fix it
- How to split iTunes library into multiple folders!
- Best iTunes alternatives for Mac
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
Ava is an enthusiastic consumer tech writer coming from a technical background. She loves to explore and research new Apple products & accessories and help readers easily decode the tech. Along with studying, her weekend plan includes binge-watching anime.