Screen Time lets you control how you interact with your iPhone or iPad. It helps limit and keep tabs on long you and your family spend on certain apps, websites, etc. This helps create balance and manage time better. You can set a passcode to secure the settings and control who can make changes. In case you forgot your Screen Time passcode on iPhone or iPad, here’s how to reset it.
Note: Make sure that your device is updated to iOS/iPadOS 13.4 or later.
Reset a forgotten Screen Time Passcode on iPhone
- Launch the Settings app, scroll down, and select Screen Time.
- Tap on Change Screen Time Passcode and then tap on Change Screen Time Passcode again.
- Here, Select Forget Passcode?
- Enter the Apple ID and Password used during the Screen Time setup.
- Now, enter the new Screen Time passcode and then enter it again to confirm.
That’s it, your Screen Time passcode will be changed. In case you can’t remember your Apple ID password, here’s a complete guide to help you resolve that issue first.
How to reset Screen Time Passcode for your child’s device
For obvious reasons, the Change Your Passcode option is blocked in the child’s device. And You will have to reset the password from the family organizer’s device, make sure that the device is running on iOS 13 or above.
- Launch the Settings app from the organizer’s device and select Screen Time.
- Scroll down to the Family section and tap on the child’s name.
- Tap on Change Screen Time Passcode and then select Change Screen Time Passcode from the dialogue box.
- To authenticate the action, enter your Face ID, Touch ID, or device passcode.
- Now, enter the new Screen Time passcode twice.
Reset your Screen Time Passcode and Start Fresh
Screen Time limitations is a pretty helpful tool to keep your kids and your productivity in check. It surely makes for a handy parental control tool for monitoring and restricting content on iOS and macOS devices.
Before iOS 12, Screen Time was dubbed as Restrictions, and resetting its passcode was quite difficult. Thank God, Apple decided to make things simpler and more accessible.
Want to know some more handy features of iOS? Check out the listings below:
- Best iOS 14 Tips and Tricks for iPhone
- Use FaceTime Eye Contact on iPhone
- iPhone Screen Time not working – How to fix
- How to reset forgotten iPhone passcode without losing data
A tech-aficionado whose superpower lies in blabbering interminably about new technologies. After 4+ years and 4500+ content pieces that helped diverse companies grow, I followed my passion and made iGeeks Media my home. When not gushing over technology, you will find me immersed in a fictional world, either reading or creating one.