The pop-out chat bubbles in the Facebook Messenger app get a little too much sometimes, especially when you are using your iPhone for some serious work. While there are plenty of options to ensure Messenger remains in the background, sometimes it’s not enough. And add to it, there’s no straightforward way to log out (not surprised, Facebook!). Don’t worry! I have found two methods using which you can log out of Facebook Messenger on your iPhone and iPad. Let’s check them out!
How to log out of Messenger on iPhone and iPad
Using the Facebook app
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap the hamburger icon (three vertical lines).
- Scroll to the bottom and locate ‘Settings and Privacy‘ followed by Settings from the dropdown.
- Tap ‘Security and Login’.
- Now, under the ‘Where you’re logged in‘ section, locate your device.
As you can see in the screenshot, there are two iPhone X. While one has the Facebook app written at the bottom (Active Now), the other has Messenger for iOS.
- Tap three vertical dots next to the device with Messenger for iOS.
- A flag from the bottom will appear; tap Log Out.
Using the Messenger app
- Open the Messenger app on your iPhone and tap your profile at the top left corner.
- Go to ‘Account Settings.’
- Now tap ‘Security and login.’
You’ll be redirected to a web page. The screen will ask you to login with your Facebook credentials.
- You’ll find the same list of logged-in devices. Tap three vertical dots next to your messenger device and tap Log out.
Now you know how to sign out of Facebook messenger on iOS?
Unlike other chat platforms, Facebook Messenger doesn’t provide a direct ‘tap and log out’ option to users. I hope the steps mentioned above acquainted you with the hidden trick to log out of Messenger. If there’s anything else you need me to help with, please feel free to share it in the comment section.
- Turn off notification sound in Facebook Messenger app on iPhone
- How to create a poll on Facebook Messenger on iPhone
- How to find Facebook Messenger history on iPhone
- How to send Soundmojis on Facebook Messenger
Mayank is a published author and a tech-blogger with over ten years of writing experience for various domains and industries. At iGeeks, he mostly writes about blogs that solve user-problems and guide them on unleashing the full potential of their Apple Device. He can often be found with his headphones on, typing to the rhythm of some country song.