If you’ve been on Facebook for a while now, you can surely agree that the likes and reactions underneath every post or photo carry power. On your own posts, getting flooded with likes can make you feel good, while not having enough can make you sulk. It can even tempt you to check on others’ posts and compare yours with theirs.
Because of this, it’s commonplace for startup brands to hide their like count on Facebook. This simple act can help prevent people from feeling put off by the small engagement and encourage them to focus more on their content rather than their engagement volume. For whatever purpose, you can hide your Facebook like with ease. This guide outlines how!
- How to hide likes and reactions on Facebook
- How to hide or unhide the number of reactions to others’ posts
- How to hide the pages you’ve liked on Facebook
How to hide likes and reactions on Facebook
Facebook allows you to hide the total number of reactions to posts you create on your Feed or Facebook profile. This means only you can see the total number of reactions to your posts. This doesn’t include posts you make on Groups, Marketplace, Pages, Stories, and Events.
How to turn off Facebook likes on iPhone and Android
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone → Tap your profile picture with a small menu icon (labeled with Menu) in the bottom right.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy → Choose Settings.
- Under Preferences, tap Reaction Preferences.
- Enable On your posts.
If you change your mind, you can just toggle it off to disable it.
How to remove Facebook likes on PC and Mac
- Click your profile picture thumbnail → Select Settings & Privacy in the dropdown menu.
- Select Reaction Preferences on the sidebar.
- Enable On your posts.
To turn this off, head back here and toggle it off anytime.
How to hide or unhide the number of reactions to others’ posts
Similarly, it’s also easy to change the settings to hide the total number of reactions to the posts others share on their News Feed, pages, and groups. Note that others will still see your reactions to posts (except if this setting is enabled on their Facebook as well).
Also, note that you’ll still see the total number of reactions in places like Events, Facebook Marketplace, and Facebook Watch.
On the Facebook app:
- Tap the menu button in the bottom right.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy → Settings.
- Under Preferences, tap Reaction preferences.
- Enable On posts from others.
Toggle it off anytime to disable it.
On a desktop:
- Click your profile picture thumbnail on the top right.
- Select Settings & privacy → Settings.
- Choose Reaction Preferences.
- Enable On posts from others. Turn it off anytime by toggling this option off.
How to hide the pages you’ve liked on Facebook
Your favorite brands, artists, and public figures may create Facebook Pages where they can engage with and interact with their customers or fans. If you want to keep this private, you can select who can see the Pages and lists you’re following.
In the Facebook app:
- Tap the menu icon → Select Settings under Settings & privacy.
- Under Audience and visibility, select Followers and public content.
- Tap Who can see the people, Pages, and lists you follow
- Select from Public, Friends, Only me, or your customized list (if you already have one set up).
- You can customize by tapping More → Specific friends. Select those you want to add to your list of people who can’t see the pages you’re following.
On the desktop browser:
- Click your profile picture → select Settings & privacy in the dropdown → Settings.
- Select Privacy on the sidebar.
- In the Activity section, click Edit beside Who can see the people, Pages, and lists you follow?
- Select from your Friends, Specific friends, or Only me.
- You can customize by clicking Custom and filling in the names of the people you want and don’t want to see the pages you’re following.
It’s important to note that when you follow someone, this may appear in your friend’s News Feed. When you subscribe to people or pages, they may receive a notification telling them that you’re following them and see your name in their list of followers.
Aside from this, you can also hide your Facebook friends list from others.
Likes and reactions are a great way to show your interest and support, but sometimes these can alter people’s perceptions of posts. Hiding them can be an excellent way to enhance the engagement experience and reduce the focus on likes and hearts. What do you think about this feature? Share them below!
- How to see who viewed my Facebook profile?
- How to Hide Facebook Profile from Search Engines
- How to take a break from someone on Facebook
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.