You want to view presentations on your iPhone/iPad but there’s one problem: the ppt files are all on your computer. How do you get them onto the iPad and then view them?
The iPad is actually a good tool to view presentations. It supports – provided there is an app which supports – presentations and word docs and even spreadsheets.
There are a lot of apps that support ppt files. For instance, there’s CloudOn which supports the three office formats: word, presentations and spreadsheets. Likewise, Apple’s own Keynote supports ppt files. Even if they’re from Microsoft Office’s PowerPoint, barring a few unsupported features (font, effect etc.) Keynote can open PPT files just fine.
For this example, we’ll take Keynote as the app of choice.
In order to Import PPT files to Your iPhone or iPad You’ll need:
- An iPad/iPhone
- A suitable app to open ppt files (preferably Keynote)
- Mac/PC with iTunes
- A ppt file on your Mac/PC.
Alright, let’s get started:
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer
- Open iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically
- Your device should be listed in the sidebar (or on top right corner)
- Now, tap on ‘Apps’ tab
- Keynote should be listed as an app. Select this. If you use some other app (like CloudOn), select that.
- In the right half of the window, you’ll see an ‘Add..’ button. Tap this.
- Select the ppt file you want to add.
- Alternatively, you can drag and drop the ppt file into this section where files are listed.
- Let the iPad/iPhone sync via iTunes. The file gets imported to the iPad/iPhone.
Disconnect your iDevice and open the app. In the file manager of the app, you should find the new PPT file you just imported.
As you can see, this is a really easy method but one that’s often overlooked.