To ensure that we have all our contacts stored in the iPhone, we tend to sync contacts from all our accounts, including Gmail, Outlook, etc. However, this often ends up creating duplicate contacts. As we all know, despite so much advancement, the iPhone still doesn’t allow deleting multiple contacts at once. Undoubtedly, doing it individually may prove tiresome and time-consuming. But did you know there are different ways to delete multiple contacts on iPhone at once? If not, keep scrolling to know about them.
- How to delete multiple contacts at once on iPhone using Group app
- How to delete multiple contacts on iPhone
You can use a third-party app called Groups to delete multiple contacts on your iPhone. After you install the Groups app, you’d be guided with on-screen instructions. You can also follow the below steps:
How to delete multiple contacts at once on iPhone using Group app
- Open the Groups app and tap ‘All Contacts.’
- Now select the contacts you wish to delete and tap ‘Choose Action‘ at the top.
- Tap Delete contacts to confirm your action.
Apart from installing a third-party app, there are other ways to help you perform the action using your Mac or Windows PC. Let’s have a look at them individually.
How to delete multiple contacts on iPhone
For Mac users
NOTE: The Apple ID on your Mac and iPhone should be similar.
- Open the Contacts app on your Mac and select the ones you want to delete.
- You can select multiple contacts by pressing shift and clicking on them.
- Once selected, press the Delete button. Confirm when prompted.
If you don’t own a Mac and can’t access the contacts app, you can delete contacts using the web URL of iCloud. Here’s how to do it.
For Windows PC Users
- Open Chrome or any other browser and go to icloud.com. Enter your credentials to log in.
- Now click on the Contacts icon.
- Select the contacts you intend to delete.
- Hit the ‘Delete’ button on your keyboard and confirm when prompted.
NOTE: You can follow the same process using your Mac device.
Easy ways to delete multiple contacts at once from iPhone!
Reasons may differ, but we all at least once have faced the need to delete multiple contacts together. I prefer going to the iCloud and performing the action.
Which one’s your preferred way? Are you facing any troubles doing it? Do let me know in the comment section below.
- Set up Emergency Contacts on iPhone and Apple Watch
- How to Export iPhone Contacts as VCF or Excel
- How to Remove Contacts from Share Sheet on iPhone or iPad
- How to Create a Contact Group on iPhone