The constant buzz of notifications from social media platforms can often make you feel overwhelmed. That makes taking a break from social media a necessity. So, whether you’re seeking a digital detox or need some time away from the Threads app on your iPhone, I’ve got you covered.
This guide will take you through the steps to take a break from, deactivate, or delete your Threads account. Let’s get started!
- How to Take a Break from Instagram Threads on iPhone
- How to deactivate Instagram Threads account on iPhone
- How to permanently delete Threads account
How to Take a Break from Instagram Threads on iPhone
If you’re someone who just wishes to have a mindful Thread experience, you don’t have to do something as extreme as deactivating or deleting the app. There is a special feature that reminds you to take a break once in a while.
- Launch the Threads app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Profile icon at the bottom right → Select the menu icon (two lines) located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Account.
- Hit Take a break to proceed.
- Now you can select a time frame of your preference, post which you’ll receive reminders to take a break from Threads.
How to deactivate Instagram Threads account on iPhone
- Launch the Threads app → Tap the Profile icon → Select the menu icon (two lines).
- Tap Deactivate profile.
- Select Deactivate Threads profile.
- Tap Deactivate when prompted.
- Let the process run its course, and you’ll be logged out in an instant.
This is usually preferred by users who are looking to take some time off of the platform.
Note: When you deactivate an Instagram Threads account, all your threads, replies, and likes will stay hidden until you reactivate the account. However, it will not affect your Instagram profile in any way.
How to permanently delete Threads account
This is where the process gets a bit tricky to follow through. As of now, there is no dedicated option available to deactivate the Threads account separately.
This is because Threads is powered by your Instagram account. So, you’ll need to delete your Instagram account on your iPhone to permanently delete the new social media platform.
Once you’ve deleted your Instagram account, you’ll no longer have access to your Threads profile. You’ll need to create a new Instagram account if you want to continue using Threads.
However, Adam Mosseri, the head of Instagram, assured in his recent thread that there will soon be an update allowing users to delete their Threads account separately.
Watch out this space for more updates on this story!
If you’ve chosen to deactivate your account, you can reactivate it at any time by simply logging back in.
Uninstalling the Threads app from your iPhone will not delete your account.
As of now, Thread does not offer a method to download account data. However, you can download your account data for Instagram in a few simple steps.
Break the Thread!
It’s pretty simple to take control of your digital well-being by taking a break, deleting, or deactivating your Threads account on your iPhone. Whether you choose to step away temporarily or bid farewell to Threads permanently, make sure it aligns with your personal goals and needs.
Thank you for reading. But before you go, please take a moment to drop your thoughts in the comment section below.
- How to use Instagram Threads app on iPhone: Ultimate guide
- Tips to use Instagram on iPhone like a pro
- How to turn off comments in Instagram on iPhone
- 15+ Best Instagram Threads tips and tricks
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
Yash is a driven individual with a passion for technology and its impact on our world. His aim is to educate and inform others about the newest advancements in technology and how they can benefit society. In consonance, he is deeply indulged in anime and Marvel Cinematic Universe, if not writing.