Trackpad (or mouse) support is a pretty exciting new feature for iPadOS 13.4 or later. It was announced along with the new trackpad-equipped Magic Keyboard. You simply have to connect the Magic Trackpad to your iPad. Then, you can use your tablet like a laptop. In case you don’t want to get one of these expensive trackpad keyboard cases, you can also opt for Apple’s Magic Trackpad that will save you some money. In true Apple style, this functionality is a joy to use with many helpful multi-touch gestures. So let’s see how to get started.
How to Pair Magic Trackpad to iPad
- Turn on your Trackpad or Magic Trackpad as well as your iPad
- On your iPad, go to the Settings app
- Select Bluetooth
- Make sure Bluetooth is toggled ON at the top of the pop-up menu
- Near the bottom of the menu, you will see Other Devices. In this list, tap on the name of your magic trackpad. It will immediately pair
How to Customize Magic Trackpad on iPad
There are several settings that you can change to customize how your Magic Trackpad works with your iPad.
- Open the Settings app and tap on General on the left side
- Select Trackpad & Mouse
Now you can adjust the tracking speed to make the pointer move faster or more slowly. You can also disable “Natural Scrolling,” and “Two-Finger Secondary Click,” if you like. Additionally, you can turn on “Tap to Click”. All these settings allow you to use your trackpad the way that suits you best.
So we hope this quick guide helps you to connect Magic Trackpad with your iPad. What are your thoughts about trackpad support on the iPad? Let us know in the comments below.
You would like to read these posts as well:
- How to Rename Apple Magic Mouse on Mac
- Best 2020 iPad Pro 11-inch Sleeves
- Best Bluetooth Mouse for iPad Pro
Mehak has a master’s degree in communication and over ten years of writing experience. Her passion for technology and Apple products led her to iGeeksBlog, where she specializes in writing product roundups and app recommendations for fellow Apple users. When not typing away on her MacBook Pro, she loves being lost in a book or out exploring the world.