iPhone slow-motion clips recorded at 120 fps or 240 fps are incredible to watch. But depending on your use case and preference, you may want to convert a slow-motion video into a standard clip that plays at a regular speed. So, if you are wondering how to turn the slo-mo video of your kid blowing the birthday candles or you somersaulting into a normal video on iPhone or iPad, here are the quick steps to do this.
How to Convert Slow Motion Video to Regular Speed Video on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Photos app and stay in the Albums tab. Scroll down and from under ‘Media Types,’ tap on Slo-mo. Tap on a video to open it in full screen.
- Tap on Edit.
- You will see a thin slider with vertical white lines. While the portion with the lines wide apart represents the slow-motion effect, those at the ends, with lines closely packed, represent the normal-speed. Two sliders divide both segments. Touch on a slider and drag it towards the other. All wide-spaced lines will align tightly. This represents that video will now play at standard speeds. To check, tap on the triangle play button.
- Tap on Done.
The slow-motion video is successfully converted into a standard video.
To discard this change, tap on Edit → Revert → Revert to Original. You may also use the sliders to adjust the portion of the clip you want to play at a slow or normal speed.
- Even after converting to normal video, it is still listed under the Slo-mo category.
- Conversion does not reduce the overall video size.
- You can not convert the standard iPhone videos shot at 30fps or 24 fps to slo-mo using the Photos app. But you can use iMovie or other iPhone or iPad editing apps for this job.
What are your thoughts on this? Do you often take Slo-mo videos, or is it a rare thing? Let us know in the comments down below. While you are here, it would be the perfect opportunity to look at some of the best camera tips and tricks for iPhone 11 Pro.
Additionally, you may also find the resources linked below as informative and worth your time. Have a glance.