As a budding content creator and podcaster, the ability to play music from any music app while recording is helpful. However, you may have noticed that your iPhone automatically stops playing music as soon as you hit that record button. That is why, in this article, I will show you a simple trick to record a video while playing music on iPhone!
- How to play music while recording video on iPhone
- Can you play music and record audio at the same time on iPhone?
- Screen record on iPhone while playing music
How to play music while recording video on iPhone
The best part about this method is that it can be done entirely on your iPhone without other devices or external apps!
- Play music that can run in the background.
- Open Camera and stay in the Photo mode.
- Tap and hold the shutter button to start recording video.
Slide the shutter button to the lock icon to record video without having to constantly tap.
- Press the shutter button again or release it to stop recording.
The video will now be saved to your Camera roll, and you will be able to hear the music playing in the background. But what if you just want to record audio and not video? Read on to know how you can do so too.
Can you play music and record audio at the same time on iPhone?
The simple answer to this question is yes, but you will have to use a third-party tool for this method. To get started, follow the steps mentioned above and record a video with music in the background. You can now use any method to convert this video into audio. We recommend using an app called MP3 Converter since it is easy to use.
Follow these simple steps:
- Install the MP3 Converter app.
- Tap + at the bottom → import the video you shot.
- Next, tap Convert at the top right.
You can also make additional adjustments on this screen.
- Finally, tap Export and save the file to your desired location.
You will now have an audio file in the .mp3 format on your device with the desired music playing! Finally, read on to know how you can record your screen while playing music.
Screen record on iPhone while playing music
Your iPhone also allows you to record anything on your screen while playing music in the background. In order to enable this, follow these steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Control Center.
- Ensure that the Screen Recording option is enabled.
You can now screen record while playing music on your iPhone! Every time you are screen recording, you will see a red icon on the top of your display. Tapping this icon will stop the recording and save it in your Photos!
Using these simple tricks, you can add music to any form of media without extra effort! If you have any queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below!
- Best DJ apps for iPad and iPhone (Free)
- 8 Best wired headphones for Apple Music lossless audio
- Best iPhone and iPad apps for musicians
- Apple Music Voice Plan: Is it worth your $5/month?
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
Hi! I am a tech enthusiast and content creator who loves to keep up with the latest and greatest tech. I love using the power of tech to assist me and others in their daily lives! You would find me making videos or studying during my free time! You can follow me @sanchitgarg_ everywhere!