iPads with larger screens have already been touted as laptop killers by many experts. To an extent, Apple itself wanted users to explore the full potential of its large tablets to replace MacBook Pro and MacBook Air lines. However, keyboard shortcuts were the primary concern for pro-users. Now, with a separate iPadOS 13, Apple provides new keyboard shortcuts to be used on iPad running iPadOS 13.
During its WWDC 2019, Apple introduced 24 new iPadOS keyboard shortcuts; as a matter of fact, there are 30 keyboard shortcuts you can use in Safari. If you have downloaded the latest iPadOS 13 beta, you can use keyboard shortcuts and make the most of your tablet.
iPadOS 13 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Use default font size in Reader (Cmd + 0)
- Open link in background (Cmd + tap)
- Toggle downloads (Cmd + Alt)
- Open link in new window (Cmd + Alt + tap)
- Use selection for Find (Cmd + E)
- Email this page (Cmd + I)
- Open link in new tab (Cmd + Shift + tap)
- Decrease Reader text size (Cmd + -)
- Zoom in (Cmd + +)
- Zoom out (Cmd + -)
- Save webpage (Cmd + S)
- Change focused element (Alt + tab)
- Focus Smart Search field (Cmd + Alt + F)
- Dismiss web view in app (Cmd + W)
- Increase Reader text size (Cmd + +)
- Download linked file (Alt + tap)
- Add link to Reading List (Shift + tap)
- Close other tabs (Cmd + Alt + W)
- Scroll around screen (arrow keys)
- Paste without formatting (Cmd + Shift + Alt + V)
- New Private tab (Cmd + Shift + N)
- Actual size (Cmd + 0)
- Open search result (Cmd + Return)
- Toggle bookmarks (Cmd + Alt + 1)
Before you can rush to your device and start using above shortcuts, you need to check if your tablet is compatible with the latest iPadOS.
Next, you are supposed to download iPadOS beta on your tablet to operate your iPad quickly with keyboard shortcuts.
That’s all folks!
Keyboard shortcuts are effective weapons of pro-users, who want to finish their tasks quickly. Since iPad Pro offers greater mobility than Mac laptops, users prefer to carry a tablet connected with a keyboard. Hope future generation of users will appreciate Apple’s efforts to turn them to tablets.
Would you like to switch to iPad Pro by ditching your Mac laptop? Share your feedback with us in the comment section.