Are you receiving a deluge of Apple News notifications on your iPhone? The app is undoubtedly a one-stop platform to access the latest, but I prefer to turn off notifications from particular channels to avoid being inundated with updates.
If you are looking for some retreat from the same, this article is for you! Let me show you how to turn off Apple News notifications for particular channels on iPhone. You can also completely turn off all notifications or customize the way you get them. Let’s dive in!
How to disable Apple News notifications for specific channels on iPhone
There are two ways to go about doing this, either from the News app or from your device settings.
From the News app
- Open the News app and tap Following at the bottom right.
- Scroll down and tap Notifications and Email.
- To disable news notifications from specific channels, toggle them off in the list. For instance, I have turned off notifications from Bloomberg, BuzzFeed, CNN, and TIME.
- Tap Done to save your changes.
From iPhone Settings
- Open Settings, scroll down and tap News.
- Tap Notifications.
- Scroll down and tap News Notifications Settings.
- Toggle off the channels you don’t want to get notifications from and tap Done.
How to stop notifications from the News app on iPhone
If you want to check the news in your own time and not get notifications for each new alert, you can opt to turn off notifications entirely from the News app. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings → News → Notifications.
- Toggle off Allow Notifications.
You can choose what type of notifications you get from the News app, such as banners or alerts on the Lock screen and Notification Center. To customize this, go to Settings → News → Notifications. Here you can tick the type of notifications you want to get.
You can silence Apple news by either turning off notifications or turning off the sound for notifications.
Go to Settings → News → Notifications and toggle off Allow Notifications to completely turn off notifications. Or toggle off Sounds to continue receiving notifications but silently.
This is super easy. Just open the News app and tap Following at the bottom right. Then, scroll down and tap Notifications and Email. Again, scroll all the way down and toggle off Apple News Newsletter.
Just go Settings → News → Notifications and toggle off Sounds.
You can opt to turn off all notifications as explained above. Or, you can block specific new channels. For this, open the News app and tap Following at the bottom right. Tap and hold a channel and select Block Channel to stop seeing content from it.
Let me know in the comments below if you have any other questions! I’m happy to help.
In the meantime, enjoy reading:
- Best alternatives to Apple News
- How to turn off an app notifications in Apple CarPlay
- Notifications not working on iPhone?
- Best Apple Watch News Apps
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.