We’ve seen how to share individual calendar events but if you want to collaborate with someone on a calendar, you need to share the entire calendar. With iCloud and the Calendar app, iPhone/iPad makes it easy to share calendars so multiple people can be invited to view (and optionally edit) the calendar events.
Shared calendar events are very useful and quite flexible when you’re working on a calendar that needs to be edited by multiple people. You can have shared calendars between you and your spouse, you and your co-workers, and pretty much everyone else. If you are on a world tour with your friends with different itineraries in your group, a shared calendar might come in very handy.
Here’s how to create a shared calendar and also how to turn an old calendar (created previously) into a shared one. You’ll also learn how to control the limits on the people you share your calendar with.
- Enable iCloud Calendar
- How to Share a Calendar from Your iPhone or iPad
- Change Edit Permission for Shared Calendars on iPhone or iPad
Enable iCloud Calendar
First off, make sure you have turned on iCloud for Calendars. To do so,
- Open Settings → Tap on Your Profile.
- Tap on iCloud → Turn On Switch next to Calendars
If you want to create a new calendar and share that, follow these steps:
- Open the Calendar app → Tap on Calendars → Tap on Add Calendar. If you want to share an existing calendar, jump on to step #3.
- Give the calendar a name and tap Done.
- Tap on “i” next to the newly created calendar.
- Under Shared with, tap on Add Person and enter the email ID of the person you wish to share the calendar with.
You can edit sharing/editing options by tapping on the person you’ve shared the calendar with. Turning off Allow Editing prevents the person from making changes to the shared calendar.
At any point in time if you wish to stop sharing the calendar, simply tap on Stop Sharing and confirm.
Again, note that this works only when you’ve got iCloud enabled.
That’s all, folks!
You may also like to explore:
- Gmail Calendar Not Syncing on iPhone: Tips to Fix
- How to View Birthdays in Apple Calendar App on iPhone, iPad or Mac
- How to Export iCloud Calendar on Your iPhone
- Apple Calendar vs. Google Calendar
Do share your feedback with us in the comment below.
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.