Instagram constantly improves its platform and regularly provides users with new features. Screen sharing is another feature Instagram announced back in January. It allows users to share their screens while on video calls.
Several apps like FaceTime and Discord already provide users with the screen sharing feature. With Instagram jumping on the bandwagon, it provides users with more choices. With that said, here’s how to screen share on Instagram during video calls.
What is screen sharing on Instagram app?
Screen sharing is a feature that allows a user to broadcast content from their screen to other users. In simpler words, the content on your screen can be broadcast and viewed by other users in real-time.
But before we move, let’s get the limitations out of the way:
- The feature is only available on Instagram video calls and not voice calls.
- It is only available in the Instagram app for iPhone and Instagram.
- You can only share the screen with 1 other person on Instagram.
- Also, the feature is unavailable to all users as of writing this article. So if you do not see the feature, update the app and try again.
How do I share my screen in a video call on Instagram
- Open Instagram.
- Navigate to the user you want to screen share.
- Video call the user.
- Once they’ve answered, tap the Screen Share option at the bottom.
- Tap Continue.
- Select the Start Broadcast option. In under 3 seconds, Instagram will broadcast your screen on the video call.
To end screen sharing, Tap Stop sharing or tap the red icon and then Stop. Your video call won’t end with it, just screen sharing.
I’m sure if you’ve been a student or a working professional during the pandemic, you’ve had the fortune (or the misfortune) of using the screen sharing feature. Nonetheless, it indeed is a very useful feature. The need to share files gets eliminated.
I hope this article helped you learn how to screen share on Instagram video calls. Please let me know your thoughts on Instagram implementing this feature in the comments below.
Swipe back to minimize a video call on Instagram.
The screen sharing feature is unavailable for all accounts and is slowly rolling out to other users.
- How to recover hacked Instagram account on iPhone or Mac
- 5 Best Instagram repost apps for iPhone
- How to download and view your Instagram data
- How to see how long a FaceTime call was?
Consumer Technology and Motorcycles are the two things that excite Darryl the most. Why? Because Tech helps better people's lives, and solving people's problems related to tech is something he enjoys. And what about bikes, you ask? Well, drop a gear and disappear.