Things to know
- Fortnite game is unavailable on the App Store currently and can only be downloaded if you have installed it previously on your Apple ID.
- Epic Games, developer of Fornite, has collaborated with cloud gaming services such as Xbox and Nvidia to bring Fortnite to iPhone.
- You need a high-speed, stable internet connection to play Fortnite via cloud gaming.
The Epic Games vs. Apple battle is something the gaming community will not forget anytime soon. Fortnite was removed from the App Store following the battle, and gamers have been searching for ways to play the game on iPhone. So what if I tell you that you can now play Fortnite on your iPhone? Legally! Read along to find out how.
- Play Fortnite on iPhone using Xbox Cloud Gaming
- How to play Fortnite on iPhone and iPad with GeForce Now
- Download Fortnite on iPhone via the App Store
- Play Fortnite on iPhone using Apple’s Family Sharing
Play Fortnite on iPhone using Xbox Cloud Gaming
Thanks to the age of cloud gaming, you can now play games such as Fornite on your iPhone without installing them. The best part is that it won’t take up the internal space of your iPhone. Remember, you need an Xbox account to play Fortnite on your iPhone using Xbox Cloud Gaming.
Note: Xbox Cloud Gaming is available only in select regions. Check from the supported regions page to see if it is available in your region. Even if your region is not in it, you can still use a VPN on your iPhone or iPad and access Xbox Cloud Gaming.
- Open any browser on your iPhone.
- Visit the xbox.com/play page.
- Tap the profile icon on the top right corner.
- Sign in/create a new account and then log in.
- Select Fortnite from the home screen.
Search for the game if you don’t find it.
- Tap Play.
- Select Continue Anyway.
- Wait until the game loads.
Once the game loads, it’s better to tilt your iPhone for better viewing angles.
- You can either log in with your Fortnite account or Skip the login process.
If you choose to skip it, you won’t be able to log in with your account later.
That’s it! You can now proceed with the usual Fortnite login screen and start to play the game. Since the program is still in beta, you might see some UI inconveniences. But it’s better than having nothing, right?
How to play Fortnite on iPhone and iPad with GeForce Now
Besides Xbox Cloud Gaming, there’s another cloud-gaming giant that’s facilitating Fortnite on iPhone. With Nvidia GeForce Now, you can play Fortnite on your iPhone and iPad. Here’s how:
Note: Similar to Xbox Cloud Gaming, Nvidia GeForce Now is limited to only a few regions since it’s still in beta. However, you can use a VPN on your iPhone or iPad and access the service.
- Open Safari.
Currently, this feature is only available in Safari.
- Visit the official GeForce Now page.
- You will be asked to set up the GeForce Now web app on your device’s Home Screen.
You may go through our guide to learn how to add a website to your iPhone Home Screen.
- Now launch the GeForce Now web app.
- Tap Agree & Continue and select Browse Games.
- Log in/create an ID and enter the program.
- If you are logging in for the first time, you must verify the ID.
- After verification, search for Fortnite → tap Play.
- You will be asked to select a plan.
Here, we are selecting the free plan
- After selecting a plan, connect your Epic account.
Follow the on-screen instructions, and connect your Epic Games ID.
- Finally, select Allow.
- Now, tap Play again. Wait until the game is loaded.
That’s it! Now you can proceed with playing the game as usual.
Download Fortnite on iPhone via the App Store
Cloud gaming will arguably be the next best thing in the gaming industry. However, the experience would be worthwhile only if you have super-fast internet. Additionally, you may be required to subscribe to these cloud gaming services.
So if you can access Fortnite from App Store, won’t that make life much easier? However, there is a caveat. You can access the game only if you have installed the game previously using your Apple ID.
- Open App Store.
- Tap your profile photo at the top right.
- Select Purchased.
- Now, search for Fortnite.
- Tap the download icon next to Fortnite to install it again.
Once re-installed, you can continue playing Fortnite like before.
Note: As mentioned before, this method will work only if you have downloaded the game previously. If you’ve never done it before, here’s another workaround.
Play Fortnite on iPhone using Apple’s Family Sharing
Note: To play Fortnite on your iPhone, even if you haven’t installed it before, you first need to link your Apple ID with someone’s ID via Family Sharing. You’ll also be required to share your payment methods while using Family Sharing, and members can use your payment method to purchase apps or services with your payment method.
- Once you set up Family Sharing, open Settings.
- Tap your name at the top.
- Select Family Sharing.
- Tap Purchase Sharing and toggle it on.
- Now, open App Store and head over to the Purchased section.
- Tap the shared person’s account.
- Search for Fortnite.
- Now tap the download icon next to the game.
Fortnite is an amazing game, and it’s a bit sad not to find the game on App Store. Let’s hope that Apple and Epic games call it truce and bring the game back to App Store. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the steps and methods mentioned here, let me know in the comments.
Here are some more interesting reads for you: