The social media era has ingrained platforms like Instagram into our lives. But there may come a time when you feel the need to take a break or say goodbye to the platform. If you, too, are looking for ways to step down from Instagram, then this guide is for you.
In this article, I’ll take you through the step-by-step process of deleting or deactivating your Instagram account on iPhone.
Note: To avoid losing your memories forever, I’d recommend you download and save your Instagram data.
How to permanently delete Instagram account on iPhone
Once you’re through the process of saving your Instagram data, let’s get the gist of removing your account from existence.
- Access Instagram on your iPhone.
- Navigate to your profile → Tap the hamburger icon → Select Settings and privacy option.
- Choose Account Centre to proceed → Select Personal details under Account settings.
- Tap Account ownership and control → Hit Deactivation and deletion.
- Opt for your account when prompted.
- Choose the Delete account option → Hit Continue to proceed.
- Select a reason that justifies your case → Tap Continue.
- Hit Continue.
- Enter your account password → Select Continue.
- Finally, tap Delete account to conclude the process.
Note: You’ll be induced with a date reflecting when your account will cease to exist. Until then, if you change your mind, re-access your account to terminate the process. There is no coming back once the respective date has passed.
How to deactivate Instagram account on iPhone
A break from social media could act as a healing period for individuals. However, achieving this peace does not require extreme solutions like deleting your Instagram account. You could rather deactivate your account for a stipulated time.
- Follow steps 1-6 as discussed above.
- Choose Deactivate account → Hit Continue.
- Enter your account’s credentials and tap Continue to move ahead.
- Pick a reason → Hit Continue.
- Tap Deactivate account to conclude the process.
Note: Your Instagram account will stay hidden from the platform until you login back again. Take this moment to appreciate the beauty around you. 😜
When you delete your Instagram account, all your photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers will be permanently removed. It’s essential to download any important data or memories before initiating the deletion process.
While Instagram and Facebook offer cross-platform support, they still are separate apps. So, you will need to follow a separate process if you want to delete your Facebook account.
Instagram requires this security measure to ensure that the account deletion process is intentional and authorized by the account owner. Hence, you will need to have access to your Instagram account and know your password to delete it.
Be more than an Instagrammer!
Now that you’ve successfully got the gist of deleting or deactivating your Instagram account, you can curate a mindful experience for yourself. With a clearer mind and a sense of liberation, you can redirect your energy and focus on things that truly matter.
Thank you for reading. If any, take a moment to comment on your queries or concerns, and I’ll be at your service.
- How to create and use Broadcast channels in Instagram on iPhone
- How to find archived Instagram posts and stories on iPhone
- How to save Instagram posts and reels as drafts on iPhone
- Invite collaborator not showing on Instagram? 7 Ways to fix it!
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
Yash is a driven individual with a passion for technology and its impact on our world. His aim is to educate and inform others about the newest advancements in technology and how they can benefit society. In consonance, he is deeply indulged in anime and Marvel Cinematic Universe, if not writing.