All this time, Instagram was like a labyrinth that traps you once you enter. It is because the option to delete an Instagram account was buried deep inside the app. But it seems like Instagram is trying to solve the criticisms its been facing, and as part of that, they have simplified the process of deleting an account.
Keep reading to find out more about it!
- Delete an Instagram account on your iPhone
- Delete my Instagram account from Help Center
- How to deactivate an Instagram account on iPhone
Delete an Instagram account on iPhone
If you had tried to delete your Instagram account before, you might remember how hard the procedures were. But now, the steps are really simple. But before that, it’s better to download your Instagram data so that you can retrieve those memories even after deleting your account, just in case!
- Open Instagram → tap Profile.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Here, tap Account → Delete account at the bottom.
- Now, tap Delete account again.
- Select Continue Deleting Account to confirm → select the reason.
- Re-enter your password and tap Delete.
- Tap Ok to confirm.
Wait for some time, and after that, you will be informed that the account will be deleted within 30 days from the date.
Delete my Instagram account from Help Centre
- Open the Instagram app → tap the profile icon.
- Tap the three horizontal lines icon → Settings.
- Now, tap Help → Help Center.
- Tap Managing Your Account → Delete Your Account.
- Tap ‘How do I delete my Instagram account?‘
- Here, scroll down and tap the Delete Your Account page link.
- Under Why are you deleting your account?, select an appropriate reason.
- Enter your Instagram password and tap Permanently delete my account.
To delete your Instagram account from a computer or mobile browser, visit this page, and follow along. The instructions are similar to the steps above.
However, if you don’t want to lose your Instagram account data and instead want to take a break, deactivating your account is the best option. In this, your account will not be seen by anyone and will be only visible as an ‘Instagram user’ where no one can message or tag you.
How to deactivate an Instagram account on iPhone
The steps to temporarily deactivate an Instagram account are mostly the same as those for deleting an Instagram account. All you have to do is:
- Open Instagram → Profile → Hamburger menu.
- Select Settings.
- Next, select Account → Delete account.
- Now, Deactivate Account.
- Then, select a reason for deactivation.
- Enter your password.
- Next, tap Temporarily Deactivate Account.
- Tap Yes to confirm again.
You will be informed that your account has been deactivated and can be retrieved back whenever you log in again.
Other than the Instagram app, you can also delete your Instagram account from your mobile browser. For that, just log in to Instagram from your web browser and follow the same steps mentioned above.
The one-month period to permanently delete your Instagram account is to protect your account data if you have a second thought. Since once you delete it, you can’t get back your account.
Yes. But you have to log in within one month after deleting your account. After that period, you won’t be able to retrieve it.
Yes. If you have deactivated your account, you can retrieve it anytime. But if you have deleted your account and try to log in after a month, you won’t be able to access it.
There is no doubt that Instagram has become a distraction for many or even affects their mental health, at least for some. And if you want to get out of it, the best way is to deactivate or delete your Instagram account. If you want to take a break from Instagram, you can offload or uninstall the app on your iPhone.