Posting photos and videos on Instagram has become part of day-to-day activities for many across the globe. However, at a certain point, you might feel like spending time away from this platform. The reason can be to focus on a career or be with self in solitude for some time. If you come under any of this category and intend to delete your Instagram account or deactivate it temporarily, here’s how you can do it.
- How to Delete Your Instagram Account on iPhone Permanently
- How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account on iPhone Temporarily
Before you begin:
- Before deleting your Instagram account, download your data.
- Instagram explicitly mentions, ‘If your account was deleted by you or someone with your password, there’s no way to restore it. You can create a new account with the same email address you used before, but you may not be able to get the same username.‘
- In case you are looking for a temporary notification break, learn how to offload the Instagram app from your iPhone.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account on iPhone Permanently
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the profile icon from the bottom right.
- From the top right, tap on the hamburger icon → Settings.
- Now tap on Help → Help Centre.
- Tap on Managing Your Account → Delete Your Account.
- Tap on ‘How do I delete my Instagram account?‘
- Scroll down and tap on ‘the Delete Your Account page‘ link.
- Under ‘Why are you deleting your account?’ select an appropriate reason. Enter your Instagram password and tap on Permanently delete my account.
To delete your Instagram account from a computer or mobile browser, visit this page, and follow along. The instructions are similar to the steps above.
How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account on iPhone Temporarily
Besides permanently deleting, you can also temporarily deactivate your Instagram account. This, too, will hide your profile, photos, comments, and likes. But you have the option to reactivate your IG account anytime.
- Visit Instagram.com on a mobile or desktop browser like Safari, Chrome, Firefox. Log in using your account details.
- Go to your profile and tap on Edit Profile.
- Scroll down and tap on Temporarily disable my account. From the drop-down menu, select the desired reason, and enter your Instagram password.
- Tap on Temporarily Disable Account and confirm.
You have successfully deactivated your Instagram account. To reactivate, open the app or visit Instagram.com and log in using the same old username and password.
I hope this straightforward guide to delete or deactivate your Instagram account was helpful. If you have any related queries, please let us know via the comments section below.
You may also check out related posts:
- Download Instagram Videos and Photos to iPhone Camera Roll
- How to Use Instagram Reels on iPhone and Android
- Tips to View Instagram Stories Without Them Knowing
- A Complete Guide to Create Instagram Guides on iPhone