- How to Deactivate or Delete Your Facebook Account on iPhone or iPad
- How to Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently from Computer
- Difference Between Deactivate and Delete Facebook Account
How to Deactivate or Delete Your Facebook Account on iPhone or iPad
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Go to Menu by tapping on the icon of three horizontal lines.
- Scroll down and go into Settings & Privacy.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to and open Account Ownership and Control.
- Select Deactivation and Deletion.
Temporary Deactivate Facebook Account
- Select “Deactivation Account.”
- Tap Continue to Account Deactivation.
- On the next page, enter your password.
- Facebook will ask you why you want to deactivate your account, so choose the preferred reason and tap Continue.
- If you’re sure, hit Continue again.
- In the end, tap Deactivate My Account to take a break temporarily.
Note: If you want, you can keep using Messenger and keep interacting with your friends, while your account is still deactivated. To do that, just tick the box of Keep Using Messenger on the Deactivate My Account page.
Permanently Delete Facebook Account
- Choose Delete Account and then hit Continue to Account Deletion.
- On the next page, Facebook will offer some options to make changes to your account instead of permanently deleting it.
- If you’re sure to delete it, tap Continue to Account Deletion again.
- Tap Download Info to backup all your essential data including your posts, profile & cover pictures, and all.
Note: If you choose Download Info, and you’ll have to tap Create File and give Facebook some time to make a copy of your information.
- If you don’t want to backup your data, tap Delete Account.
- Enter your password and tap Continue.
- At last, tap Delete Account to confirm permanent account deletion.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently from Computer
- Visit Facebook Delete Page on the web.
- Log in to your email address and password.
- Click on Delete Account. If you want to disable your Facebook account temporarily, you may choose the “Deactivate Account” option.
- Enter your password and click Continue.
- Hit Delete Account again to permanently delete the account.
Important Note: Facebook gives you a time of 30 days to retrieve your account if you really want to get back. After 30 days, you can’t log in back.
Difference Between Deactivate and Delete Facebook Account
When you deactivate your account,
- No one on Facebook can see your profile except you.
- Your profile will be disabled, and your name & photos will be deleted from most things you’ve shared.
- You’ll be able to use Messanger.
- Only certain information will be visible like messages.
- Your name will be visible in your friends’ friend list.
- Your name, posts, and comments will be visible to the admins of groups you’re a part of.
When you delete your account,
- You can’t reactivate your account again. (only if you log in within 30 days)
- Once you deleted your account, all your data including uploads will be removed and you can’t retrieve them later.
- You can’t use third-party apps like Instagram that you used via Facebook account login.
- You won’t able to use Messenger. However, messages sent to your friends will be still visible in their chats.
So what’s your take on using Facebook. Are you opting for deactivation or deletion? Which is your preferred option? Don’t forget to tell us in the comment section below!
You may also want to read this.
- How to See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile
- Facebook Not Working on iPhone? Smart Tips to Fix It
- How to Delete WhatsApp Account Permanently from iPhone
- How to Delete Apple ID Account Permanently