Web apps have become increasingly popular in providing seamless and quick access to our favorite websites. And with the introduction of macOS Sonoma, Apple has put its best foot forward to provide the same for its users. To help you get acquainted with this new feature, in this article, I’ll illustrate the steps to create Safari web apps on Mac.
If you are wondering why we haven’t mentioned iPhone and iPad here, it’s because those devices already had the add to Home Screen shortcut to create Safari web apps. Now, let’s see how we can get something similar on the Mac!
- How to turn Safari website into an app in macOS Sonoma
- How to remove Safari web apps from Mac
- Benefits of creating Safari web apps in macOS Sonoma
How to turn Safari website into an app in macOS Sonoma
- Launch Safari → Go to any website of your preference.
- Click the Share icon → Select Add to Dock from the drop-down menu.
- When prompted, Rename the app as you desire → Select Add to conclude the process.
- Now, you can locate the respective web app in the Dock bar of your Mac. Access it whenever you want!
How to remove Safari web apps from Mac
- On your Mac desktop, right-click the web app in your Dock.
- Click Options → Remove from Dock.
That’s all you need to do to get rid of the web app on your Mac.
Benefits of creating Safari web apps in macOS Sonoma
Apart from improving productivity and convenience, Safari web apps on macOS Sonoma have a lot to offer. It provides a series of advantages:
- These web apps behave similarly to native apps and can be accessed directly from the Dock, making them easy to launch and use.
- Safari web apps are often faster than native apps because they do not need to be installed on the user’s device. This is because Safari web apps are stored on the web server and are delivered to the user’s device over the internet.
- These apps are secure because they are sandboxed from the rest of the system. This means that if a Safari web app is compromised, it cannot access other applications or files on the user’s device.
Unfortunately, the web apps created in Safari cannot be opened on any other Mac browser.
Let’s evolve with macOS Sonoma!
Now that you’ve gained valuable insights into this amazing feature provided by macOS Sonoma, it’s time to leverage this tool to create a highly customized atmosphere. Use this feature and optimize your browsing experience.
Thank you for reading. Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.
- How to create Safari profiles in iOS 17 and macOS Sonoma
- How to use desktop widgets in macOS Sonoma
- How to lock Safari private tabs in iPhone and Mac
- Best macOS Sonoma features you must know about!
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.