You might be familiar with cleaning iPhones with aluminum or stainless steel. However, it’s the first time Apple used a titanium frame in the iPhone 15 Pro series, and if you have your hands on one, you’d be cautious about cleaning it. Don’t worry; in this guide, I’ll show you the best ways to clean the titanium frame of the iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max.
- Tools to clean the titanium frame of iPhone 15 Pro Max
- Things to know before cleaning your iPhone 15 Pro series
- How to clean your iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max
- Other ways to clean your iPhone 15 Pro
Tools to clean the titanium frame of iPhone 15 Pro Max
Before you start cleaning the titanium frame of your iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max, here are the things that you should use to clean it:
- A clean microfiber cloth
- 70% isopropyl alcohol or 75% ethyl alcohol
- Clorox disinfecting wipes
- Cleaning foam swabs
Apart from the materials mentioned above, you can use one of the tools from our list of the best tools for cleaning your Apple products.
Things to know before cleaning your iPhone 15 Pro series
Since Apple used titanium metal for the first time, you should be careful with what you do with your iPhone 15 Pro series. Here are a few things that you must take care of when cleaning your iPhone:
- Don’t keep any cable plugged in your iPhone
- Turn off your iPhone.
- Don’t spray isopropyl alcohol directly on your iPhone. Spray it on the microfibre cloth first and clean the iPhone with the damp cloth
- Don’t use compressed air
- Avoid submerging the iPhone into any cleaning liquid or water
How to clean your iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max
Apple says that the titanium frame on the iPhone 15 Pro series might be prone to temporary discoloration if it comes in contact with the oil from your skin. Nevertheless, you can fix it by wiping it down with a slightly damp microfibre cloth.
Once you’ve got all the pre-requisites, you can start cleaning your iPhone 15 Pro or Pro Max using the instructions mentioned below:
- Turn off your iPhone and unplug any cables connected to it.
- Take a microfibre cloth and slightly dampen your cloth with some isopropyl alcohol.
You can also use ethyl alcohol.
- Clean your iPhone thoroughly with a damp cloth to clean your iPhone but with little pressure. You can use Clorox disinfecting wipes to disinfect your iPhone 15 Pro or 15 Pro Max.
- Use a foam swab to clean hard-to-reach areas like the charging port, speaker grill, etc.
When using a cleaning foam swab, ensure that you don’t poke in the charging port, or else it’ll lead to your iPhone not charging. Hence, it’s best to be careful when dealing with them.
Speaking of the iPhone 15 Pro series, Apple recommends cleaning your iPhone when it comes in contact with dirt or sand, ink, makeup, soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, lotions, or anything that may cause stains or other damage.
Other ways to clean your iPhone 15 Pro
If disinfecting your iPhone is your priority, your best bet should be UV smartphone cleaners. It uses UV bulbs that kill up to 99.99% bacteria; you only have to place your iPhone inside and wait for it to finish the job. You can find UV cleaners from various brands, such as PhoneSoap, Samsung, and many more.
Another way to get your iPhone cleaned is by getting it done at Apple support. It’s the safest way to clean your iPhone 15 Pro or Pro Max without dirtying your hands. All you have to do is find an Apple support nearby, request them to clean your iPhone, and they’ll clean it for you without any fee. Although it won’t be as good as cleaning it yourself, it’ll get the job done.
Keep your iPhone 15 Pro series clean
I hope you learned how to clean your iPhone through this extensive guide. Titanium is a new material in iPhones, and since the usage is different compared to the Apple Watch Ultra, we’ll have to wait and look out for the long-term effects.
Meanwhile, you can follow the tips mentioned above to keep the titanium frame of your iPhone 15 Pro clean. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this guide, please leave them in the comments below.
- How to use Action button on iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max: Ultimate Guide!
- How to hide Silent bell icon on iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max
- How to limit battery charging to 80% on iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.