watchOS 7 arrives with some potent features including a very handy Battery Health Management. Thanks to it, users can now check Apple Watch battery health data in watchOS 7. In addition, the watch incorporates another useful feature, Optimized Battery Charging. Let’s learn a bit more about and how exactly you can use them.
How to Check Battery Health in watchOS 7
As Apple mentions under the Battery Health Section, that Apple Watch batteries are ‘consumable components which become less effective as they age.’ And knowing your watch’s battery health helps you understand how long will it last.
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down and open the Battery section.
- Here, swipe down from the battery usage graph and tap on Battery Health.
- The new screen will show you the Maximum Capacity of your watch’s battery.
A new Apple Watch will have 100% battery health and with usage, these levels take a dip. The lower level indicates that the battery will run lesser hours between charges in comparison to when it was new.
What is Optimized Battery Charging and How It Helps?
With the setting on, the watch learns your usage routine, when you charge and for how long you charge. And as with iPhone, the watch then waits to finish charging past 80% until you start using it again.
This greatly helps in reducing the aging of the battery, lending you longer and better usage. After you upgrade to watchOS 7, the setting is usually auto-enabled.
You can still check to confirm or disable Optimized Battery Charging if you wish. In the Battery Health section, scroll below the Maximum Capacity to find the setting. Toggle on/off the switch next to Optimized Battery Charging, as per your preference.
While the watchOS 6 heavily dedicated itself to health-oriented features, watchOS 7 concentrated on fundamental, must-have features. The battery health management is one such example.
Here are some more interesting posts:
- How to Check Apple Watch Battery Life
- How to Improve Apple Watch Battery Life
- How to Use Sleep Tracking in watchOS 7
- How to Use Handwashing Detection in watchOS 7
- How to Share Apple Watch Faces in watchOS 7