Sure, you can manually open a weather app on your iPhone and know the forecast. You may also ask Siri for this information. But when a storm is incoming, or a heavy thunderstorm is about to hit your area, you may prefer to be notified about it beforehand. In this post, we bring you a detailed guide on how to get severe weather alerts on iPhone.
- How to Turn ON Severe Weather Alerts on Your iPhone
- How to Get Emergency Alerts on iPhone and Apple Watch
How to Turn ON Severe Weather Alerts on Your iPhone
For the first method, we are using a reliable third-party app. Take a look.
- First off, download Weather Underground from the App Store.
- Launch the app and give it location and notification access.
- Once you are inside the app, tap the settings icon from the upper right.
- Tap on Push Notifications.
- Enable My Location.
- Turn on the toggle for Severe Alerts and Significant Weather (if you see it). You may also tap ‘Add Location’ to add multiple cities to the list and receive notification for that place.
Other great severe weather Alert apps you can try:
How to Get Emergency Alerts on iPhone and Apple Watch
Here is how to get an emergency, government, and public safety alert notification on your iPhone and Apple Watch. These are life-saving alerts and thus switched ON by default. If someday you disabled them, here is how to turn on emergency alerts on iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Notifications.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Under GOVERNMENT ALERTS, turn on the toggle for AMBER Alerts, Emergency Alerts, and Public Safety Alerts.
You will receive these alerts on your Apple Watch if your iPhone can receive them and is nearby. You Apple Watch will also show these alerts if it is connected to Wi-Fi. Cellular models of Apple Watch can receive these notifications even if your iPhone is not nearby. For this, they must have a cellular plan from a supported carrier.
Emergency alerts can save a life or even cost one. It is advised and requested that you never turn them off. Also, you get these life-saving alerts even if Do Not Disturb is turned ON.
Further, these emergency notification options in iOS are not available in all countries or regions. And finally, in some countries, you may not be able to disable Government alerts at all.
You may also like to take a peek at:
- Best Funny Weather Apps for iPhone and iPad
- The Best Weather Apps for iPad
- Best Apple Watch Weather Apps
Any questions? Make use of the comments section below.