Saw an ad when browsing your Facebook feed or skipped a story ad on Instagram and now can’t seem to remember the ad, product, or brand? It’s common. But, I have a better solution than waiting for it to appear again! Thanks to Facebook and Instagram, your recently clicked ads are saved in history.
Let me show you where to find all your recently viewed ads on Facebook and Instagram.
- Find recently viewed ads on Facebook for iPhone or Android
- Find recently viewed ads on Instagram for iPhone or Android
Find recently viewed ads on Facebook for iPhone or Android
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android.
- Tap the hamburger icon.
- Tap Recent Ad Activity.
- You will find the ads you clicked, and it permits you to save them later.
If you do not find the ‘Recent Ad activity,’ try this method to sneak a peak. This method also works if you are using Facebook on a browser.
- Open the hamburger menu.
- Scroll down, tap on Settings.
- Tap Ad preferences.
- Tap Advertisers whose ads you have clicked.
- You will find the list of advertisers that you have interacted with on Facebook.
Note: You can also access your ad history by following the same process on the website. However, it will only display the list of advertisers and not the ads.
Note: The Instagram web will not have that information, so make sure you have the app installed on your iPhone or Android.
Find recently viewed ads on Instagram for iPhone or Android
- Go to your Profile.
- Tap the hamburger icon.
- Open Settings.
- Tap Ads → Ads Activity.
- You will find all the ads that you interacted with on Instagram here.
Note: Instagram only keeps a history of the ads from stories or feed you have interacted with. If you simply scrolled through an ad, it won’t show up.
This is how you can find recently viewed ads on Facebook and Instagram. Facebook is known to have a powerful suite for ad tracking, which is why it keeps a record of every activity you do on these platforms.
If you do not agree to your data being tracked, you can change your iPhone’s tracking permissions or uninstall the apps.
What are your views on the same? Let me know in the comments below.
You may also check out related posts:
- How to change your Instagram password or reset it
- How to see who viewed my Facebook profile?
- Remove a remembered account on Instagram from iPhone
- How to change your name on Facebook
An entrepreneur by heart, I am obsessed with the world of Apple. I survive on Apple products and their updates. Over the last five years, I have been writing all kinds of content that are remotely connected to Apple and sharing across digital platforms. When not writing, you will find me on the court playing basketball or in my room playing the sitar.