It’s no news that Apple has stopped shipping its 5W power adapter with iPhones. Hence, you now have to buy an adapter for your iPhone separately. Besides, if you have an old 5W charger, it’s slow and inefficient for the newer models. I have rounded up the list of the best USB-C power adapters for iPhones to allow fast charging! Let’s get started.
1. Apple 20W USB-C power adapter -Editor’s choice
After separating the 5W adapter from the iPhone pack, Apple has developed a better recommendation for iPhone 8 and later models. It’s a 20W USB-C power adapter that springs your iPhone or iPad Pro to life with fast and efficient charging.
Coupled with the power, it maxes to an output of 9V and 3 Amps. Of course, the adapter is compatible with all USB-C-enabled devices. But if your device is earlier than the iPhone 12 series, you have to buy a Lightning cable separately as this adapter doesn’t come with one.
- Compatible with iPhone 8 upward and 3rd generation iPad Pro
- Fast-charging capability
- Complies with Apple’s ideal charging conditions
- Lacks a USB-C-to-Lightning cable
- No warranty
2. Sacrack 90W USB-C plug – Most versatile USB-C adapter
The Sackrack USB-C Plug is a 90W adapter that features all you need in a compact design. In addition to three USB-C ports, it has three extra USB-A ports. So you’ll find it valuable if you tend to charge multiple devices at once.
The power chord is also removable and 150cm long. Combining this with the length of a USB cable connected at the other end puts your devices within your reach.
However, the Sackrack USB-C plug works by distributing a 60W power output evenly across the three USB-C ports. Consequently, each USB-C port releases a 20W power when used concurrently. On the other hand, the USB-A ports output 10W each during simultaneous use.
- Save socket space and money
- Compatible with Apple and other smartphones
- Fast-charge up to six devices at once
- Efficient power delivery components
- Easily replace a faulty power cable
- 24-month warranty
- Not suitable for charging devices requiring more than a 20W output
3. Anker 40W Powerport III Nano Pro – Charge two iPhones simultaneously
The Anker Powerport III Nano Pro is as fast as durable. It distributes a 40W output evenly between two USB-C ports during concurrent use. And it also features built-in temperature and power control chips. The prongs aren’t foldable, though. But Anker Nano Pro is portable and delivers the appropriate charge to your device.
In addition to iPhone 8 and later, it’s compatible with iPad Pro and MacBook Air 2018 upward. Because it shares power between the ports, I recommend you avoid charging a device that requires above 20W power along with another device.
Nonetheless, feel free to share the ports with any mobile device, as these typically use less than 20W.
- Delivers up to 40W
- Automatically adjusts power for low-power requirement devices
- Charge up to two USB-C-compatible devices at once
- Cute color options
- 18-month warranty
- Pairing more powerful devices with others may deliver low power
4. Spigen ArcStation Pro 40W GaN Charger – Safest USB-C adapter
Spigen ArcStation Pro is as portable as durable and delivers a 40W power output. Although it features two USB-C ports, these give up to 30W each when used singly. However, the adapter adjusts your device’s power needs accordingly. And it works with many devices, including the iPhone 12 series and later.
The Spigen ArcStation Pro delivers light-speed charging. And it’s more environment-friendly with less heat emission. All thanks to its gallium nitride (GaN) transistors. The foldable power outlet also adds to its portability, making it pocket-friendly.
- GaN transistors make charging more efficient
- Fast-charge up to two devices
- Transition between 40W shared and 30W single-use improves power stability
- Compatible with MacBook Air
- 24-month warranty
- You have to buy a Lightning cable separately
5. Twelve South PlugBug Slim USB-C charger – Most compact
Do you care for looks as much as functionality? The Twelve South PlugBug has top-notch aesthetics and looks just as slim as it sounds. It’s only 17mm thick, causing it to stick perfectly to the wall of your room. And with a 20W max output, you can expect a fast-charging experience with your iPhone 8 upward.
However, the adapter caps it all with foldable prongs that let you easily insert it into your pocket without a bulge. Plus, its slimness makes it fit perfectly behind a table or chair.
- Easily fits into your pocket or purse
- Power output is ideal for charging USB-C compatible iPhones
- 1-year warranty
- A high body length-to-prongs ratio might cause it to fall off the wall
Check out on: Twelve South
6. Belkin 20W power delivery USB-C charger – Budget-friendly
Supercharge your iPhone with Belkin’s 20W USB-C port. It offers ultra-fast charging from 0-50% in 30 minutes. Moreover, the adapter is durable, efficient, and does not heat excessively. I love its compact design that does not disappoint when you are low on space or traveling.
This iPhone adapter also features top-notch power delivery technology. So, you can be sure that your device won’t take in more or less power than it needs. The best part is that it comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Foldable power outlets
- 2-year warranty
- Fast, safe, and efficient
- Doesn’t come with a USB-C to Lightning cable
7. PowerLot GaN 65W USB-C wall charger – Best technology
So here’s another GaN-enriched super-fast charger with a massive 65W max power output. The PowerLot wall charger has well-distributed voltage and current, maxing to a 20V, 3.25A output. All these ensure that it delivers based on a device’s requirements.
With the heavy wattage, it can charge devices with higher power needs, including MacBook Air, iPad Pro, iPhones 12 and later, and more. However, unlike most iPhone power adapters, this comes with a 6ft long USB-C to USB-C cord.
- Excellent GaN technology
- Suitable for charging devices with low to high power requirements
- 24-month replacement warranty
- Comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable
- Efficient power delivery technology
- You have to buy a USB-C to Lightning cord to enjoy super-fast charging
8. Amazon Basics USB-C 65W wall charger – Most compact design
With a 240V input voltage and 65W power output, the Amazon Basics wall charger looks smaller than its carriage. It has well-aligned GaN components, and it’s one of the most compact iPhone adapters out there.
The output voltage maxes out to 9V. This is ideal for fast charging your iPhones, laptops, and iPads. The Amazon Basics power adapter also features an efficient power delivery capability. Consequently, it supports both rapid and moderate charging.
- Offers reliable and safe charging
- Suitable for rapid and moderate charging
- Foldable power outlets
- 1-year limited warranty
- USB-C cable not included
9. UGREEN 100W USB-C wall charger – Best power output
The UGREEN wall charger is a 100W adapter featuring three USB-C ports and a USB-A port. Its USB ports have numbers according to their outputs as USB-C1, C2, C3, and A. The USB-C1 and C2 ports each produce a maximum power of up to 100W when used singly. However, the USB-C3 and A ports share a 45W evenly.
That said, when you plug in many devices at once, the charger distributes the power evenly. However, due to power redistribution, fast charging might be a bit constrained when you pair other devices with those that require higher power output.
- Uses GaN technology
- Powerful, durable, and safe charging
- Compatible with iPhones, iPad, MacBook series, Nintendo Switch, etc.
- Temperature control
- Foldable plug
- Power redistribution might cause all plugged devices to flicker if one device shakes
This wraps up our list of the best USB-C power adapter for your iPhone. As you can see, most adapters don’t come with USB-C to Lightning cables. Of course, these are easier to get. So, which of these iPhone adapters do you think pairs best with your iPhone or Apple product? Share in the comments below.