What seems to be a game-changing move, many major TV manufacturers including Samsung and LG have announced the support for AirPlay 2 and HomeKit. And in this ever-updating post, we’ve listed out all the AirPlay 2 enabled TVs to help you keep an eye on the compatible devices.
You can take advantage of the media streaming technology to mirror videos, photos, music and almost anything to your supported TV directly from your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. And with the HealthKit integration, you will be able to turn them OFF/ON remotely from the Home app. Jump right in to snap a look at the AirPlay 2 compatible TVs!
AirPlay 2 Supported TVs
LG has confirmed that its all the four TVs that are expected to hit the market in 2019 will work with Apple’s media streaming technology and the smart home software.
- LG OLED (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM9X series (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM8X series (2019)
- LG UHD UM7X series (2019)
What could be a huge surprise for many, the South Korean tech giant has announced that its both the major existing TVs released in 2018 and the upcoming televisions will play nicely with the smart home software and media streaming protocol.
- Samsung QLED Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 8 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 7 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 6 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 5 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 4 Series (2019 and 2018)
When all the other big players are already in the fray, you shouldn’t expect Sony to remain behind.
- Sony Z9G Series (2019)
- Sony A9G Series (2019)
- Sony X950G Series (2019)
- Sony X850G Series (2019 85″, 75″, 65″ and 55″ models)
Vizio has joined the party wholeheartedly as its most high-end 2017 and 2018 TVs are going to work with Apple’s offerings. Plus, it has also confirmed that its 2019 devices are going to jump on the bandwagon as well.
- Vizio P-Series Quantum (2019 and 2018)
- Vizio P-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio M-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio E-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio D-series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
Using the media streaming protocol, you can fine-tune the controls right from the Control Center on your iOS device. For instance, you will be able to switch audio effortlessly and even set your party on fire with the multi-room audio.
And oh, Siri can also come into the play in letting you play music videos and shows on your supported TV.
Several popular speaker manufacturers have decided to integrate their devices with AirPlay 2. Head over to this post, check the full list.
Stay Tuned With Us For More…
This seems to be a win-win situation not just for Apple and TV manufacturers but also for consumers. From what I can see, this is going to be a huge shot in the arm for Apple TV. Already bolstered by the appreciable performance of its latest iteration, it may topple all the other players. Besides, it will also work as a big boost for iDevices.
You’d like to read the following stories as well:
- Best Projectors for Apple TV 4K: Consume Lifelike Visual Contents
- Best 4K Monitors for Apple TV 4K: Experience the Ultra-High Definition Graphics
- Best 4K TVs for Apple TV 4K: Embrace The Awesome HDR Technology
What’s your take on this move and which AirPlay 2 compatible TV are you willing to buy? Share your views in the comment below.