Apple’s ‘Spring Loaded’ event unveiled some of the most anticipated products, but what caught my attention was the new M1 Chip-powered iPad Pro with its fantastic display quality, TrueDepth camera, and the handiest feature, Center Stage.
Let’s admit it! We were pretty annoyed getting in and out of the frame upon the slightest movement during a video call. Thus, disrupting the workflow, or worse, sending across a lousy impression. With Center Stage, things are ready to get pretty exciting and smooth.
Let us understand how this feature can transform our video call journey.
What is Center Stage in iPad Pro M1?
With the Center Stage technology, Apple aims to further elevate video calling. Considering the current situation, this is much needed.
With its help, the iPad Pro’s camera will stay focused on your face without any noise despite your movements (i.e., moving from one spot to another within negligible distance) or random things going on in the background. Well, I’m not saying it would be a portrait mode with your video call experience, but it will manage to focus on you.
How does Center Stage work?
iPad Pro’s Center Stage technology works with the help of two features: the TrueDepth camera system and the M1 processor. The TrueDepth technology enables the all-new 12MP ultra-wide front camera to get your wider shot even when you move around; whereas, the machine learning capabilities of M1 help the camera recognize your face despite movements.
Thus, creating a more engrossing experience. Moreover, when more people join in the frame, it adjusts and zooms out the frame so that everyone fits in just right and gets equal attention.
Don’t feel left out y’all; the new iPad Pro is here to give you all the attention you could imagine.
iPad Pro wide-angle camera improving zoom quality
As the name suggests, the Center Stage technology is here to keep you the center of attraction. This means the TrueDepth Camera will work its best on keeping you in focus, even if you move.
It will not blur out activities going on in the background. And this is why it is not similar to Portrait Mode photography.
Once the gadget is available in the market, the hands-on experience will give a broader perspective on how focused we are talking about. But, one thing is for sure, the interactions with faces shot in wider angles will get bigger and offer us a seamless experience.
iPad Pro features to look out for
According to Apple,
With M1’s huge jump in performance, a groundbreaking extreme dynamic range experience on the 12.9-inch Liquid Retina XDR display, up to 2TB of high-speed storage, Thunderbolt expansion, a four-speaker audio system, pro cameras with LiDAR Scanner, blazing-fast 5G connectivity, an amazing video-calling experience with Center Stage — combined with the advanced features of iPadOS and a powerful pro app ecosystem all in a device users can hold in one hand — there’s nothing else like iPad Pro.
- M1 chip: Apple’s fastest chip ever comes to iPad Pro, catering an experience like never before. The low-power silicon chip comes with 8-core CPU design features, delivering up to 50% faster CPU performance and up to 40% faster GPU performance.
- 5G connectivity: With the fastest connectivity ever, the new iPad Pro will offer next-generation download and upload speeds. This would work wonders for HD video streaming, collaboration, and FaceTime calling.
- 2 TB storage: With gigantic storage, creators get more room to store all of their data in the device itself without worrying about syncing them with their iCloud. Imagine having 60,000 ProRAW photos all downloaded on your iPad.
- Liquid Retina XDR Display: A cutting-edge display created using 10,000 mini LEDs, providing us with 1600 nits of peak brightness, 1000 nits of full-screen brightness, and a staggering one million-to-1 contrast ratio to enhance creativity workflows.
- Thunderbolt: With Thunderbolt and USB 4 support on the latest iPad Pro, the USB-C port becomes the most versatile one, offering 4X more bandwidth for wired connections.
Experience video engagement like never before
I am looking forward to the iPad Pro lineup this year. As the popular tech YouTuber, iJustine, said, “This iPad is the most Pro yet.” I cannot wait to get hands-on experience on the device.
With the ongoing pandemic situation leading to a permanent WFH culture, the Center Stage technology is the need of the hour. It will have a massive impact on our video call experience.
What are your views on the same? Share them in the comments below.