In macOS Big Sur, Apple replaces the ‘Energy Saver’ section with a new ‘Battery’ section to allow better battery management controls to its user. Including a handy tool to check the overall battery performance over the last 24 hours or last 10 days. If interested, here’s how you can view battery usage history on a Mac running Big Sur or later.
See Battery Usage History on Mac
- Click the Apple logo select System Preferences.
- Now, Go to Battery in System Preferences.
- Next, click on Usage History, and here, select Last 24 Hours and Last 10 Days to check battery consumption and performance during that period.
You can view the illustrated graphs of the following:
- Battery Level: Plotted with 15-minutes intervals, the graph shows the average charge level. Notably, the green-shaded area indicates when your Mac was charging.
- Energy Usage: The amount of energy your Mac has consumed each day.
- Screen On Usage: This shows the time for which the screen was turned on each hour or each day.
Why Should You View Mac’s Battery Usage History Regularly?
Whether you are an on-the-go user or usually behind the desk, a device’s battery life matters equally. Ignorant and improper usage can massively hinder the performance of the battery.
This is why we tend to employ tricks to maintain and improve MacBook’s battery life. Checking the Usage History regularly is part of that vigilance.
It will give you insights into the battery’s behavior. And accordingly, you can apply or remove certain settings to ensure better battery performance.
View Usage History to See your Mac Battery Level
Along with the setting to view battery Usage History, you also get access to other potent information & settings. Choose different settings for when plugged in or running on battery power.
What’s great you can even schedule start-up or wake-up timing. Want to know more about some other incredible macOS Big Sur; check these listings out:
- Use Control Center like a Pro in macOS Big Sur
- How to Send Messages with Effects in macOS Big Sur
- Customize Safari Start Page in macOS Big Sur
- macOS Big Sur: How to Show Battery Percentage on Mac
A self-professed Geek who loves to explore all things Apple. I thoroughly enjoy discovering new hacks, troubleshooting issues, and finding and reviewing the best products and apps currently available. My expertise also includes curating opinionated and honest editorials. If not this, you might find me surfing the web or listening to audiobooks.