While there’s no direct method to hack your way into the iPhone file system to import SMSes from your Android phone, software does allow you to do that. For those of you who want to transfer their SMSes from Android phones to the iPhone, there’s “Backuptrans Android SMS to iPhone Transfer” which helps you do just that.
Transferring music or contact data is usually easy. You have plenty of options including iTunes, Outlook and even other third-party services. In fact, if you’ve got an Apple account, you even have iCloud which can be used to transfer contacts and photos easily.
But when it comes to SMSes, things get a little more than tricky. You have to rely on exporting the files from Android, converting them to “.db” and then importing them into the iPhone.
It’s relatively easy to access Android’s file-system but you hit a brick wall when you come to the iPhone. You’ll need iFile or something of that sort to access the file system. Even then, how do you change the SMS exports to be readable by the iPhone?
That’s where Backuptrans helped us.
How Transfer SMS from your Android Phone to iPhone using Backuptrans
You’ll have to make sure that you have:
- iTunes latest version
- Android and iPhone connected to your computer via USB cables
- Backuptrans Android SMS to iPhone Transfer
- Once you’ve connected your Android smarty, open the Backuptrans software.
- Your Android device should be listed on the side pane. Right-click it and select “Transfer Android SMS to iPhone”
- The software will automatically push a window asking you to select the target iPhone.
- Select the iPhone and press Confirm. The transfer will begin now. Once it’s done, your iPhone should restart to refresh the messages.
Check to see if the transfer is complete and successful.
That’s all mate!